Front sight bedding?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice. I got myself a new CVA Accura MR-X and after shooting a few rounds with the factory sights I decided that I wanted something that would provide a finer aiming point.

After a little looking I decided on a Williams Western Precision set up. On the Williams website they specifically mention that this sight does not fit the X series Accuras. But after calling and talking with their sight technician he explained that the reason was CVA changed the barrel contour and lots of people were having issues zeroing their sights. When I said that I was able to get my gun zeroed the Tech told me that the Western Precision sight set should work for me. That was enough for me to order the Western Precision front sight and matching Fire in the Hole Rear Sight/Rail. That being said I knew that if the barrel contour was different then there could be some fitment issues and I acknowledge that the issue I am looking to resolve is no fault of Williams Sight Company or CVA.

My order arrived yesterday and I was able to get everything mounted, but I noticed that due to the different barrel contour there is a gap under the front sight which can be seen in the picture. I am planning on trying to zero the gun with the new sights tomorrow and assuming that everything works how it should I would like to "fix' this gap. Could I just try and bed it like I would a scope rail? Should I even worry about it? (I'm assuming that trying to reshape the sight base would be more difficult than I would want to try and DIY.)

Thanks for the help.

20220920_063810.jpg

Wapiti1

WKR
I would bed it with black compound. It is fine as is from a function standpoint, but I'd want to keep water out of the threads.

Jeremy