Freedom 2- Commies 0

Happy Flag Day!

1. In a 6-3 decision, SCOTUS strikes down the federal ban on bump stocks, holding that it is not authorized by existing statute.

2. The Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) announced a legal victory in Mock v. Garland, challenging the Biden Administration’s “pistol brace” ban by the ATF.Judge Reed O’Connor, of the U.S. District Court, granted summary judgment in favor of FPC, vacating the ATF’s rule.

Geewhiz

WKR
So explain to me in 3rd grade terms what this means. Can I have a sub 16" barrel with a brace?

RMM

WKR
Anyone know the rule on taking and existing AR lower and buying a brace and a pistol length upper and converting it to a pistol?

Q child

WKR
Here is a link to the presidential memorandum that started all of this:

And here is the text:

Presidential Memorandum on the Application of the Definition of Machinegun to “Bump Fire” Stocks and Other Similar Devices​

Issued on: February 20, 2018

After the deadly mass murder in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1, 2017, I asked my Administration to fully review how the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates bump fire stocks and similar devices.

Although the Obama Administration repeatedly concluded that particular bump stock type devices were lawful to purchase and possess, I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of “machinegun” under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal. The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the Federal Register on December 26, 2017. Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

Although I desire swift and decisive action, I remain committed to the rule of law and to the procedures the law prescribes. Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit. I would ask that you keep me regularly apprised of your progress.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Here is a link to the presidential memorandum that started all of this:

And here is the text:

Presidential Memorandum on the Application of the Definition of Machinegun to “Bump Fire” Stocks and Other Similar Devices​

Issued on: February 20, 2018

After the deadly mass murder in Las Vegas, Nevada, on October 1, 2017, I asked my Administration to fully review how the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives regulates bump fire stocks and similar devices.

Although the Obama Administration repeatedly concluded that particular bump stock type devices were lawful to purchase and possess, I sought further clarification of the law restricting fully automatic machineguns.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of “machinegun” under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal. The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the Federal Register on December 26, 2017. Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

Although I desire swift and decisive action, I remain committed to the rule of law and to the procedures the law prescribes. Doing this the right way will ensure that the resulting regulation is workable and effective and leaves no loopholes for criminals to exploit. I would ask that you keep me regularly apprised of your progress.

You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

I remember when on the 24 hour dumpster fire all those dorks thought banning bump stocks was totally cool because Trump did it.

They were literally like “it’s ok to ban those,
But everything else is an infringement on my rights”.

Lol

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know the rule on taking and existing AR lower and buying a brace and a pistol length upper and converting it to a pistol?

If said lower was bought as a receiver and not a rifle, then yes you can make a Pistol.

If said lower was ever built into a rifle, and or bought as a rifle, then no.

Federal law. State laws may differ.

RMM

WKR
If said lower was bought as a receiver and not a rifle, then yes you can make a Pistol.

Copy, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This seems like a very good step in the right direction. Let's not make this a presidential debate that will turn into a dumpster fire.

We all know that as a country, we should have better options than picking between Trump and Biden. There's no reason for us to fight each other over who's worse.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you read the courts ruling, you will find the courts found that the ATF overstepped it's authority buy banning the bump stock. It's not in the ATF's right to make such rulings. The US congress are the ones who make the laws. I think if it is put up to the congress to vote on a law banning bump stocks, it will likely pass and become law. Not that I would agree with it. I actually don't have an opinion on bump stocks,, but I am against any new laws where 2nd amendment rights are concerned.

This seems like a very good step in the right direction. Let's not make this a presidential debate that will turn into a dumpster fire.

We all know that as a country, we should have better options than picking between Trump and Biden. There's no reason for us to fight each other over who's worse.

RFK Jr anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider

FFS that has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Just to be clear I don’t mean your response is stupid you explained it well but the law itself is absolutely stupid

Yoder

WKR

Asking for a friend, so who would know if you bought a receiver and "assembled it as a rifle"? It's a receiver. It's not registered as either. Maybe it's like the don't ask don't tell policy.