FREE Badlands 2200!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Used one time. You can have it, just tell me why YOU need it! Best sales pitch wins. Deadline is 6-26-14

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I need it........not for me, but for my buddy. Personally, I didn't care for it much. However, my buddy (who doesn't even hunt much anymore since I switched to archery) always takes a week off of work to go with me. That's where the problem starts. I shoot an elk and I end up carrying it all off the mountain by myself. He has an old Schuh pack with the Enduroflex frame, that completely fell apart on its first load of meat. They replaced the frame, but he's never used the frame since. All he wears is the top bag portion without even a waist belt. So.......he's little to no help to me in the packing department. Now.......I have no problem packing out my own elk, but the way I have it figured it would be a great plus if he could just haul something with a decent day type pack. The last elk I packed with him there, I gave him my pack to try loaded down, while I carried his bag with some meat in it. It was lighter than my normal daypack loads. So, as you can see........I don't "need" this pack, but my buddy sure does......so that "need" trickles down to me.:D

BTW, good on ya......giving away a pack.

Last edited:
The pack wouldn't be for me. It would be for my dad. Currently he is using an old cabelas pack that we have strapped other packs too. It's like an ugly franklin pack. He is in need of a pack that isn't a handy me down. I think the 2200 would be idea for what he is doing as he gets older.

Randle

WKR
Well this is a great gesture Ryan. My son in law is my hunting partner and wants to do long weekend trips with me but cannot carve out the money to equip himself.
He and my daughter both work 2 jobs , and my daughter is going to nursing school , while raising 2 kids, and they are still just barely making it.
He would use the heck out of t his pack and" I" would then have a strong back to help pack out, So "I" really need this pack, not to mention shed hunting and summer trips That "I" carry his stuff.

Thanks , Randy

Last edited:

Scoot

WKR
Very nice gesture, Ryan! I could use the pack- I'm in need of a batwing style pack to carry around my seven other packs all at once. If I don't get a way to carry all of my other packs, I'll have to haul them around one at a time, which would be terribly inconvenient. What do ya think- good sales pitch? ;)

Good job on the pack give away and I hope the person who gets it puts it to good use!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Ryan, you rock. One class act.
And once again, I see you were up in the middle of the night..............I gots to get you some ambien.

Randy

Last edited:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I need a new midget hauler. My last pack worked just fine but then one day I got hold of a particularly wiley little fella. Everything was going as normal, I caught him with a burlap sack while he was unwittingly trying to reach a pair of high heeled boots on the second shelf at Walmart (amusing to watch to say the least). Well I offered him a boost and when his back was to me I nabbed him in the burlap sack. I got him home had his hair dyed green and skin painted orange and things were fine. I got him loaded in the pack and started to put the pack on and all of a sudden this docile little dwarf turned into a Tasmanian devil. He clawed though the pack, chewed through the straps, hit the ground, kicked me in shins, bit my knee and ran off into the woods screaming "the lollipop kids will rise!".

Needless to say I need a new pack because mine got destroyed.

dotman

WKR
I'm in need, both of my kifaru packs had major zipper failures, the shoulder straps ripped off and the stays snapped like twigs:). Seriously though this is a great thing you are doing and hopefully you find a deserving Rokslider that Needs the pack and doesn't just want another. I never had the 2200 but have heard it is the best pack badlands ever made. I would of suggested my brother but it would be a waste, he'll never commit to a hunt more then half a day long.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I need it because it has been held by the hands of the creator of Rokslide who puts up with my constant phone calls and nagging and shoots moose really far away

Big Sky

Lil-Rokslider
My brother in law could use it so that I don't have to cary all of his shit.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403192753.113054.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403192753.113054.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 145

choovhntr

WKR
me, because I live in california and the pack i have been using for the last decade is the same $70 one all the other weekend warriors get from rei. ;)

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to have it, introduced a good friend to hunting this year and she absolutely is head over heels for the outdoors, so much so that I gave her my personal eberlestock backpack and I have been looking for a new pack so I can keep up with her. Also be good to haul her meat out. Daniel

Good on you Ryan! I hope you find the perfect fit for this pack. I'm sure there's a young hunter out there that could get plenty of use out of it.

Mikeha33

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan, very awesome dude. I'd love to have the pack. I NEED it because I am getting the wife into the outdoors with me. Not just bringing her along for an afternoon duck hunt, either. I'm talking loading up the 2200 with the extras' that I can't get in my Blue Widow(which is what she might be if I keep going places without taking her!!), and taking off into the beautiful unknown with her, and making real memories! I've started getting her gear, clothes, boots, sleeping bag, lights, etc, but she doesn't have a pack, and I'd love to surprise her with it! I can manage to get a lot of stuff for several days out in my pack, but not everything that a 2 person trip requires, and this would make it possible! With the versatility and numerous capabilities of the pack, she'd even be able to help pack meat if we had the pack, something she would love to do, if we had the right gear. The pack would get years of great use by us, and hopefully be around long enough that my son could have it handed down and use it as his first pack. I can't wait for the day when he's old enough to really join me!!!
Thanks again, helluva gesture!!!

I can't make a pitch and won't try. I certainly don't deserve a free pack.

I hope that it ends up going to a guy trying to make ends meet after getting out of the military or something.

I think that it's a nice gesture.

tttoadman

WKR
I was also trying to come up with some reason i need it more than someone else. I am certain i don't, but what a great gesture.

I assume it will be stuffed with some Rokslide window stickers !!

Hi Ryan

I could use the Pack for my Son, His birthday is July 16th and although I have already purchased him a gift he would be beyond himself with a new hunting pack. He just got his first Bow and he is really taking a liking to it.

Thanks for doing this and congrats to whoever this goes to.

Patrick

2ski

WKR
I was going to make a pitch for my brother who is just getting out of a bad relationship and I'd love to get him out a bunch this summer and fall to get his mind of off it. Do some camping, scouting, and hunting. He went with me last fall on an early season cow tag, and it was really good to spend some time on the mountain with him.

That said, I would give it to Battleborn's kid or Daniel's friend. I may be reading into it a little but if "friend" means a girl that you are going hunting with and trying to date, well then we all need to be invited to the wedding if you end up with it.