Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH - Cyber Week Sale!

Attachments

• CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23

fwafwow

WKR
Interesting, more than 2 months and still no weights on the rain gear I just looked at. Fabric weight is listed, but that is only minimally helpful.

I also do not believe the weight on the down jacket, under 6 ounces sounds like fill weight. I find it hard to believe the entire jacket, with a 40D face material, comes in at close to the weight of a wind jacket (medium Arc'teryx Squamish is 4.8 ounces for reference).

It makes me wonder who thought listing fill weight as just "weight" was a good idea (assuming it is fill weight). It would also be nice to see a size specified for the weight. Hopefully a small and a 3XL have different fill weights.

The weight being specified to the 10th of a gram is amusing.
Did you ever get the weights? They seem very thorough in posting about inventory restocks and sales, but not so much in regards to substantive feedback. I looked through prior posts by them, but I could have overlooked something.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did you ever get the weights? They seem very thorough in posting about inventory restocks and sales, but not so much in regards to substantive feedback. I looked through prior posts by them, but I could have overlooked something.
Hi! Weights have been posted online for all of the down.
Along with Rain under Specs: 1668798243720.png

fwafwow

WKR
Hi! Weights have been posted online for all of the down.
Along with Rain under Specs: View attachment 476272
Thanks. Are the down weights the fill or total weight? And how do I calculate the weight of a rain jacket without knowing how many square meters of material you used?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I did not, as I am only willing to work so hard. That said, it does look like weights are now in ounces, and on the down that they clearly refer to fill. That is a big improvement, and I appreciate the update.

Though, I would still like to see the total weight for at least one size (medium is pretty standard for most companies) listed.

It could be listed as +/- 5 to 10% to avoid complaints of inaccurate listings and ideal would be an average weight of 10 to 20 items. The lesson here might just be that pedantic people like me are not worth selling to. Hopefully, FORLOH is doing well as they support US jobs and my business is not needed.

fwafwow

WKR
I did not, as I am only willing to work so hard. That said, it does look like weights are now in ounces, and on the down that they clearly refer to fill. That is a big improvement, and I appreciate the update.

Though, I would still like to see the total weight for at least one size (medium is pretty standard for most companies) listed.

It could be listed as +/- 5 to 10% to avoid complaints of inaccurate listings and ideal would be an average weight of 10 to 20 items. The lesson here might just be that pedantic people like me are not worth selling to. Hopefully, FORLOH is doing well as they support US jobs and my business is not needed.
LOL. I figured I'm also not the right target customer, or at least not the right repeat customer. I think my giving feedback got me overly invested but that's probably more a reflection of my problems.

MKern85

Lil-Rokslider
Here are some weights from the stuff I have.

AllClima Stretch Woven Pant size 32--25.2oz
SolAir InsectShield Hoodie size S--7.3oz
AllCima Softshell Jacket size M--27.6oz
AllClima Softshell Jacket size S--25.5oz
AllClima 3L Rain Pant size S--22.1oz
Thermonuetral Down Jacket size L--21.2oz
Thermonuetral Down Vest size M--13.7
Thermonuetral Down Pant size S--19.5oz
Is that what you use for western hunting? Would it work/ be quiet enough to hunt out of a tree stand or saddle for whitetails?

Is that what you use for western hunting? Would it work/ be quiet enough to hunt out of a tree stand or saddle for whitetails?
I only hunt whitetails. Most of the Forloh stuff I have would consider quiet enough for that.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH Sale! - https://forloh.com/
  • BOGO 50% mix and match from AllClima 3L Rain & Airalite Shells (pants and jackets)
  • Discount automatically applied in cart

Attachments

• 200 x 200 SquareFebPromo.jpg
    200 x 200 SquareFebPromo.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10