Forloh Airalite vs Kuiu Kutana

coleman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been looking into a lighter weight rain pants that is pretty durable. The Kuiu kutana seems like a good option. I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Forloh Airalite pants, and how they would compare as far as total weight of them, and their durability. Thanks.

I’ve been looking into a lighter weight rain pants that is pretty durable. The Kuiu kutana seems like a good option. I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Forloh Airalite pants, and how they would compare as far as total weight of them, and their durability. Thanks.
I can’t speak on forloh, but the kutana are exactly what you describe… they literally hold up as well as the Yukon does, which is a big deal

The kutana is cut pretty slim compared to chugach and Yukon, and it’s the loudest of the bunch, which is fine with me considering the pros… the most life I have ever got out of rain gear is about 2.5 seasons, and most way shorter lifespan. The kutana is right there, and honestly still looks good, I just started getting some dampness on the knee area, jacket is still solid… for relatively lightweight gear, it’s awesome…

Was going to replace it this past season with kryptek takur, but I got no life out of that, and was back in kutana for the last bit of season, and staying pretty dry.

If the forloh airalite pants are like the jacket, then i wouldn't worry about the durability much, the jacket is a very nice piece and seems plenty durable for its weight. I have the airalite jacket and the heavier forloh rain pants and havent tried the kuiu ones so hopefully someone thats tried both chimes in

ppumil

FNG
The Yukon failed on a moose hunt in Alaska 2021 for me. They did honor it after I got back and 2 months of back and forth but the bottom line is KUIU honored their product. I cannot advise anyone to use it though. I see Helly Hanson as the best rain gear and use the right layers under it. The Yukon leaks into your arms and actually saturated and did not dry with wood burning stove overnight. NOT IMPRESSED!!
A light weight marmot rain suit did a great job with the right layers under it. That is my 2 cents. The advertising is BS on these materials. You cannot be waterproof and breathable.