For those that Strap their bow to their pack for the walk in

Luked

WKR
How are you all strapping it to your pack.
I have the Kifaru 44 Mag and have tried a couple of different ways to strap it to the pack and none i really like.
It just seems like that the strings and cam on the bottom end could receive some damage.
Don't want to damage my bow before I even get there.
Just curious if you all are using one of the bow slings to cover stuff up?
And i know some will say to never strap it to the pack and I get that and hope I don't have to but if the need comes that i want to use trekking poles I would like to have a good way to strap it up.

jmez

WKR
I just use compression straps on back of pack. Nothing covered. Mine has ridden a lot of miles that way and never had a problem.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
I got it set up that way but jsut seems like the cam hangs lower than the bag and it concerns me a little that it could get damaged.
I figured out how to set it up where it does not move at all but still concerns me a little.

I just strap mine to the back my exo3500 & have never had any problems. Could it get damaged ... of course it could but unless you plan on packing in a hard case for it there is always a chance for it to get damaged some way or another.

I think you just need to ask yourself what is your acceptable level of risk. If I was hunting thinned-out woods in Colorado for elk I wouldn't care. When I go sheep hunting in BC you best believe I'm covering it up with all that brush.

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never had an issue. I usually take my quiver off and strap that to the side. If you sit down w the bow attached the fletches may hit the dirt, just flip the bow upside down. Just don’t lose your arrows.

Bow cams fit great in a gun bearer. Put the gun bearer at the height that you want the cam to ride on the back of the 44 mag then strap the bow down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I made two short straps with Kifaru K-clips on end and auto lock buckles on the other. They’re about 12” long and independent of the other straps on my DT1 pack. Short, sweet, and works perfectly for holding my back against my pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
On the 44 I use the Sherman pouch. Works fine.

No need to worry about it hanging lower than the pack unless you take your pack off and forget it's there.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BDRam16

WKR
If your bottom cam is hanging low below the bag flip your bow upside down and now that cam will be higher up and it should be safe. If I have to do mine on the bag I get it settled and then hang my lid over it as extra protection.

metau

FNG
My pack, an Outdoorsmans, has a pouch for the bottom limb/cam to sit in. I just use tge packs compressions straps to lock it into place. Just need to remember that it sticks down in case you decide to sit with your pack on. Have never had an issue with any type of abrasion or damage from transporting it that way.

CAelk

FNG
How are you all strapping it to your pack.
I have the Kifaru 44 Mag and have tried a couple of different ways to strap it to the pack and none i really like.
It just seems like that the strings and cam on the bottom end could receive some damage.
Don't want to damage my bow before I even get there.
Just curious if you all are using one of the bow slings to cover stuff up?
And i know some will say to never strap it to the pack and I get that and hope I don't have to but if the need comes that i want to use trekking poles I would like to have a good way to strap it up.
Make sure to strap the bow upside down. May help keep your arrows from slipping out of your quiver.

Scorpion

WKR
I’d highly recommend a good bow sling to protect string, cables, sight, and fletching. I’ve used Sitka and Kuiu but would like to try the T&K.

Did a goat hunt in Alaska where my bow was strapped to the pack for most of the hunt. Easy to nick a string or cable in that country.

If I’m putting the bow on my pack, I use an older sling that covers the cams and string. I took off the actual sling and just use the part the covers the bow. Then I use a kifaru grab it for the lower cam with an additional lash strap that’s not part of the pack (I use it to help hold quarters if successful).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk