For all those with a pair of NL Pure binos, what standalone ranger finder do you use?

ihuntsolo

FNG
I am considering a pair of 10x or 12x nl pure with a standalone range finder, mainly for deer hunting with a rifle in western country. What range finder would you recommend? Preferably with a ballistic solver?

I also thought about buying a RF binos, but decided to go with two separate gears due to two reasons: the shorter lifecycle of range-finding functions; I don't need to range all the time while glassing.

I am pretty happy with my Leica 2800.com LRF. Use it with my ELs. They may have a newer model now, haven’t really kept track as I have been happy with what I have. I had Leica Geovids previously and went to separate LRF. No complaints here.

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
I just ordered that Sig Kilo 5000, specifically for the ability to pair with the BaseMap App on your phone, which then gives you the ability to range something and then drop a pin on the app for that location. (I struggle with keeping track of a bedded animals location on stalks, and everything looks way different once you get there).

Ranges reflective to 5k, deer to 2k, trees 2.5k (advertised)

I’ve had the sig kilo 2000 for several years prior to this, and I have the NL pure 12x42.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

6.5x284

WKR
Kilo 2400 and 8k. But BR4 would be on my short list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I

ihuntsolo

FNG
I just ordered that Sig Kilo 5000, specifically for the ability to pair with the BaseMap App on your phone, which then gives you the ability to range something and then drop a pin on the app for that location. (I struggle with keeping track of a bedded animals location on stalks, and everything looks way different once you get there).

Ranges reflective to 5k, deer to 2k, trees 2.5k (advertised)

I’ve had the sig kilo 2000 for several years prior to this, and I have the NL pure 12x42.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

Thanks I never though about sig has “track assistant “ function. The consensus seems to be Leica or br4 here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I run a Revic BR4. It’s the best rangefinder I have ever used for shooting long range.
Revic BR4 Ballistic Rangefinder

VECTOR WIND
Both base and vector wind inputs enable quick or fine tuned wind holds

SIMPLE SOLUTIONS
Onboard sensors for temperature, pressure, compass, incline/decline provide enhanced ballistic solutions at the touch of a button

CONNECT
With your phone... and your targets. Bluetooth connectivity pairs with the free Revic Ops app (iOS or Android) for syncing ballistic profiles and over-the-air updates.

FAST 4K
4,000 YD capable on reflective targets.
Near instant ranges & firing solutions.

#SENDIT
Firing solutions in MOA, MIL and our exclusive BDC "Shoot To Range"

I am considering a pair of 10x or 12x nl pure with a standalone range finder, mainly for deer hunting with a rifle in western country. What range finder would you recommend? Preferably with a ballistic solver?

I also thought about buying a RF binos, but decided to go with two separate gears due to two reasons: the shorter lifecycle of range-finding functions; I don't need to range all the time while glassing.
What does the brand of binos used have to do with the rangefinder you choose?