foot sole fat pad atrophy

few years back i noticed a change in the soles of my feet,the cushion was gone,wearing the thin darn tuff socks were not cutting it any more ,then i got orange superfeet,that worked for a bit,switched to firmer soled boots which definitely helped and finally i switched out my socks to full cushion which helps. thought schols blue cushion to see if they work,maybe the superfeet wore out
i just looked it up and it actually is a condition
what's the rest of the old fart forum do?

Ceo

FNG
If you know your arch. Tread Labs has 3 different arch support heights and 3 different pad styles. The pads can be changed out when they wear, without having to get another arch support. They also have a metatarsal support pad option. Most comfortable of all the inserts I have used. Just another suggestion.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Almost 60......2.5 more years. I've never had much for cushion in my feet.....very lean. I've been using SF Orange in all my boots the past 10-12 years and they work great for me. I also use a poly sock liner under lightweight merino boot socks. That combo has always worked well for me.

OP
B
too bad sf does not make trailblazer in 14.ive been using orange, the green is way to hard, sf suggested i try runner.
ill look at sheepfeet tim , thanks

OP
B
after yesterdays hike the sheepsfeet is looking a little better, hah
guess if i wanna keep doing what i like, ya gotta pay to play, buy once,cry once,yada,yadda strange thinking it would be the last insoles i'd be buying,kinda like comparing my age to my dogs age,wondering if we time it just right..........

I've got issues with my ankles as you can see. I bought some Kenetrek EverStep Orthopedic boots. They have made a huge difference for me. You might want to check them out.

Attachments

• Ankles.jpg
    Ankles.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 12
OP
B
I've got issues with my ankles as you can see. I bought some Kenetrek EverStep Orthopedic boots. They have made a huge difference for me. You might want to check them out.
geeezzz! i'd say so , what did you do to deserve that???

few years back i noticed a change in the soles of my feet,the cushion was gone,wearing the thin darn tuff socks were not cutting it any more ,then i got orange superfeet,that worked for a bit,switched to firmer soled boots which definitely helped and finally i switched out my socks to full cushion which helps. thought schols blue cushion to see if they work,maybe the superfeet wore out
i just looked it up and it actually is a condition
what's the rest of the old fart forum do?
Boy do I know your pain on this. I bought a pair of Crispi Colorado's last year trying different inersoles. I going to try Sole this time around. Going down hill I swear I can feel ever rock on the mountain on my left pad.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
Sheepfeet custom insoles might be the way to go. They are expensive, but not being in pain doing while what you love is worth it.

Easiest fix and I mean easy is to take your insole and cut out the area where you have the pressure point. Visualize a donut. The heel will rest on the on the donut and pressure/pain location is cut out (donut hole).

OP
B
Sheepfeet custom insoles might be the way to go. They are expensive, but not being in pain doing while what you love is worth it.
i'm thinking you are right,you'll be seeing stuff in the classifieds real soon!