folding chassis recomendations

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

I’m looking to upgrade my bergara to a folding chassis, I’m not very firmiliar with stocks and chassis but I know I want something reasonably lightweight and folding. This will be used on my general hunting rifle, including back country ek hunts (7mm rem mag) I was originally looking for a pro 700 but have heard they are too heavy for the mountains

Thanks

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Can't go wrong with the XLR or MDT HNT26.

I don't have the MDT, but the fact that's it's carbon and the stock locks in the folded position is a win win.

The XLR is cold in the hands, not that I usually care that much, but something to consider. Also, the stock doesn't lock in the folded position and I haven't found that to be a problem strapped to the pack, but it did fold closed on me and was louder than I would have liked on a stalk. Not the end of the world but things to consider.

loadsandlattes

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got 2 rifles in the HNT26 chassis.

One is a custom 6.5PRC, the other is a Tikka 7RM currently being rebarreled into a 7PRC. I absolutely love the chassis.

+ lightweight
+ does not care about hot or cold temps
+ arca rail built in
+ folding stock

- can be tricky for mags, depending on cartridge
- the recoil pad is trash. I swapped it with one from OBI and have been happy with it
- expensive

EcoastDG

Lil-Rokslider
I love my XLR. I haven’t noticed the cold much when carrying it since I use a Kifaru weapons carrier. Shooting it in cold weather hasn’t bothered me either due to the rubber grip. I just wish it was a tad lighter. The MDT HNT 26 is nice though. I don’t think you could wrong with either.

Attachments

• B9B3114C-0DAC-4C13-98EC-69E54BB22091.jpeg
    B9B3114C-0DAC-4C13-98EC-69E54BB22091.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 19

ruger35

FNG
Does the XLR folder lock? I know it doesn't on my XLR comp style chassis. I would think a locking mechanism would be preferred for hunting, unless straps on the pack would hold the stock in its position.

Does the XLR folder lock? I know it doesn't on my XLR comp style chassis. I would think a locking mechanism would be preferred for hunting, unless straps on the pack would hold the stock in its position.
Yea it locks. And releases with a push button