FNG. Shane from Seattle 🤙🏽

digz24

FNG
Hey people FNG Shane from Seattle here. A little intro before everyone gets mad at me. Vegetarian for the last 6.5 years. I decided to start eating meat again and so I wanted to harvest my own. I am Bow hunting only as I believe it’s more of a fair fight. I usually gravitate to the high steep country. Spent last year hunting with a buddy in the Frank Church wilderness area in Idaho. Just trying to learn as much as I can, from forums to YouTube. Cheers. 🤙🏽🤙🏽

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! I used to live in Seattle for about 5 years for work before moving away. I got my first bow and did my first archery hunt solo in WA. Good luck in your pursuits!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new WA member, Shane.

Eddie

Bachto

WKR
Welcome! I live on the eastside of Washington. You may not know this since you are new, hunting in Washington is under attack. I highly suggest you get involved. check out the Sportsman's Alliance for more details.

OP
digz24

digz24

FNG
Welcome! I live on the eastside of Washington. You may not know this since you are new, hunting in Washington is under attack. I highly suggest you get involved. check out the Sportsman's Alliance for more details.
I've been trying to get involved with anything i can !

Redthies

FNG
I am Bow hunting only as I believe it’s more of a fair fight.
In my opinion, fair has nothing to do with it. Use whatever tool you can proficiently put animals down quickly and humanely. I’ve taken deer with both rifle and bow. The last rifle deer took one step and dropped. The last bow deer ran 60 yards and lay down to bleed out. I will take rifle over bow 99x out of 100 solely for that reason.

If you are confident enough in your archery then, go for it.

I think you’ll find there are enough challenges in finding legal animals with clean shots available that choice of method won’t effect the “fairness” of the fight in your early years of hunting.

Good luck out there Shane!

OP
digz24

digz24

FNG
In my opinion, fair has nothing to do with it. Use whatever tool you can proficiently put animals down quickly and humanely. I’ve taken deer with both rifle and bow. The last rifle deer took one step and dropped. The last bow deer ran 60 yards and lay down to bleed out. I will take rifle over bow 99x out of 100 solely for that reason.

If you are confident enough in your archery then, go for it.

I think you’ll find there are enough challenges in finding legal animals with clean shots available that choice of method won’t effect the “fairness” of the fight in your early years of hunting.

Good luck out there Shane!
Oh I agree with you. It is nearly impossible haha. I think I like that challenge. Also agree with the rifle being more humane. Appreciate it 🙏🤙🏽

Welcome and thats interesting about the vegetarianism. I think the factory feedlot stories are what drive people into the diet but if you can get access to clean animals I think its better for the earth and for us.