FNG lurking in CO (Douglas Co)

New guy here, been lurking on here for a while and figured I’d might as well join since all my googling keeps taking me to this site. I’m a fairly new to CO resident (political refugee from CA) and I’m real eager to get back into hunting game to fill the freezer. Grew up in Central TX chasing white tail, dove and turkey, but after moving to the west coast the only thing I really shot for the last couple decades were clay birds and some steel.

Wanting to go for it out here in CO since there’s a lot of outdoorsman opportunities… ducks, upland birds, deer/elk, pronghorn… really whatever is going to get my boots dirty and some great memories. Willing to be pack mule to learn the ropes and get the experience as well as looking for volunteer work for local conservation groups. So if you have any suggestions, please let them fly!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
L
Welcome from another Native Kalifornian living in Douglas County!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome from another Native Kalifornian living in Douglas County!

Awesome… you got any suggestions for a good rifle range in Douglas county. I’m in Parker and need to find a place to break in a 30-06 and 7mag.

WKR
Cherry Creek State Park has a public range. Haven't been there in a long time but may try that. I'd do it soon as before season its nuts there.

I’m at the southern end of Douglas County so I go south to Magnum Shooting Center or Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex

OP
L
Cherry Creek State Park has a public range. Haven't been there in a long time but may try that. I'd do it soon as before season its nuts there.
I’ll definitely check that out, thanks for the tip!

Awesome… you got any suggestions for a good rifle range in Douglas county. I’m in Parker and need to find a place to break in a 30-06 and 7mag.
Cheyenne mountain shooting complex is a good place if you like reaching out past 300 yards. On weekends they will open up range 1 and have steel out to 800+

sacox31s

FNG
I also live in Douglas county. I prefer Colorado Rifle Club in Byers. It’s a long drive but I think it’s the best range around. Many different types of shooting opportunities at CRC to include paper to 1000 yards and steel to 770 yards soon further.

Dennis

WKR
Welcome

You might check out Ben Lomond Gun Club which is south and east of Parker. They have all types of ranges (archery, pistol, trap, skeet, sporting clays and rifle ranges to 600 yards).