FNG from Washington

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
PNWbowhunter
It sure does. This has been a wet Spring for sure, ready for the sun.

Felton

WKR
Y’all are suppose to have some great duck hunting right? I was born and raised in clallam county. I live down in ga now.

Welcome!

OP
PNWbowhunter
Good question, I'm not sure about the duck hunting but I know a lot of folks like to shoot trap/skeet at my range. How is the hunting over in GA?

Felton

WKR
Deer and hog can be really good mostly depends on what part of the state you are in. I mean we can shoot 12 deer per year and no limit on hogs. We have some amazing turkey hunting. You can draw a gator tag every 4-5 years. I could guarantee you at least a 9’ gator with a good chance at something over 10’. I just started archery bear hunting last year, we’ll see how that goes. Dove hunting can be finaminal as well as teal during teal season. Regular duck season can be productive, but more often than not it’s a struggle. And then we have a couple islands with fallow deer no regulation on them as they were brought here years ago for hunting clubs. I’ve seen a few giant fallow deer but hunting is tough as most of it is private property. Last but not least is the quail hunting… nothing like a good ol souther quail hunt. While most of the hunts are pen raised bird it’s all about the dog working and not so much about the actual bird.

Felton

WKR
I was thinking about skagit county, they shoot something like 50,000 ducks a year just north of you.

Hamsteak

FNG
Welcome! I'm from Snohomish county as well. And boy, glad to hear Starbucks isn't your coffee of choice.