FNG from New Hampshire

Ovahbored

FNG
Hey guys, I'm from NH and wanted to introduce myself. I have been into hunting and fishing my whole life but recently have been more and more into wilderness style hunting. Always wanted to do some hunting out west and at 36 I'm not getting any younger. Bought some bonus points for Wyoming today but overall am just overwhelmed by all the logistics involved in planning hunts out west. Would like to hunt Antelope within 2 years and then mule deer and elk. Not necessarily looking for record book animals but would like to take representative males from as many species as possible. Looking to do it DIY or semi-guided as much as possible. Love how there are so many dedicated hunters on this site.

Brendan

WKR
Where in NH? Am from the Boston area, but work in Hampton. Have been out west 5x - all DIY, 3x solo. Just go...

(I'll be honest, it's made me a worse whitetail hunter.... Scouting? What's that?)

OP
O

Ovahbored

FNG
I'm in Raymond so not that far from Hampton. Nice to see so many people form the North East making the trek. Would like to do it DIY and generally hunt alone but the logistics seem overwhelming. I like the "Just go.." advice. I could picture overthinking the first trip.

jt4

WKR
From NH also. In the same boat and planning an antelope trip in 2020 as a guide to start to get my stuff in order, then mule deer/elk probably the year after.

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome from NorCal!! Definitely don’t overthink it! You’ve got a lot of great resources here that will help shorten the learning curve. Heck, you might even find a partner on here to share the experience with!! Best of luck and keep us posted!