FNG - Colorado Native but New To Big Game

Hi All,
Longtime lurker, but newbie here and new to big game hunting. I took hunters safety when I was 12, with a couple of friends that I still stay in touch with (almost 20 years later!). One of the guys and I used to shoot our pellet guns and 22s until we couldn't carry them anymore, but life got busy and my free time disappeared for awhile. We both have always been interested in big game hunting, but have no experience with it.
He just got a Browning 308 with a Vortex scope on it and I got a Tikka 300 win mag. I just bought a Z3 for it (hasn't been mounted yet), but searching for a Z5 to swap it out with per the buy once cry once advice I've received and hopefully be able to use it for anything from antelope to maybe a moose one day, varying the bullet weight.
We were both late to the party this year and settled for leftover 4th season elk tags, but I'm not setting any expectations for success this year - just hoping to see a few elk and get a feel for how to get started. I've been reading a ton and learning as much as I can, as well as shooting the 308, 300wm, and a lot more practice with my 223 to get down the basics.
My father in law has provided us with deer, antelope, elk and beef this year, so I'm pretty lucky, but with our shooting passion reignited and getting a taste of some of these awesome meats he's provided, I'm pumped to get into big game and am looking forward to it becoming a life-long learning process.
Thank you all for the knowledge I've gained from here over the past year or so.
Jared

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
Jrodanapolis
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie
Thanks Eddie! I appreciate the virtual handshake, and look forward to furthering my hunting knowledge from this awesome community.