Flying with external frame pack...

What's recommendation? Put frame in big duffel along with gear as one of your checked bags? Can't imagine it would be a good idea to check with frame / straps exposed to all the baggage handling nonsense.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I put it in a contractor bag and cut a small hole for the handle and to attach the tag. Never had an issue this way.

MEC sells extremely durable 135 liter duffle bags that also work very well for this purpose. I've had mine for 3 years of hard use and had no issues.

7Bartman

WKR
I checked my external frame pack the last 3 years and haven't had any problems with it.

Scorpion

WKR
What's recommendation? Put frame in big duffel along with gear as one of your checked bags? Can't imagine it would be a good idea to check with frame / straps exposed to all the baggage handling nonsense.

Duffle bag or contractor bag with a handle exposed. I had to learn that the hard way.

I just flew with my Kifaru and brought a big enough piece of rolling luggage to stuff it in with all my clothes. This is how I plan to do it any other time. Worked well, was small enough not to be oversized, and everything fit fine.