Flying in for a bear hunt

I’m flying in to Ketchikan in late May for a bear hunt. I was looking at flights today.
Alaska Air flys me to Dallas Texas with a 1hr lay over, next is Seatle Washington with a 1 hour lay over, ending in Ketchikan Ak.
Total price $1300.00
’American Airlines has the same flight with same schedule for $850.00.

Honestly I don’t fly a lot. Does Alaska airlines use American lines?
Delta offers no flights.
Thanks for any in-site.

wyosteve

WKR
I don't know if Alaska uses American, but I just bought a ticket on Alaska and it was about the same price as yours with all the 'extras', premium seating, baggage fees, trip insurance. BTW, my impression is that a 1 hour layover at each of those airports is questionable, especially with baggage transfers. My layover in Seattle, both ways, is about 2.5 hours.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I’m surprised Alaska is that much more. They’re usually one of the cheaper airlines in my experience.

Last edited:
OP
S
I don't know if Alaska uses American, but I just bought a ticket on Alaska and it was about the same price as yours with all the 'extras', premium seating, baggage fees, trip insurance. BTW, my impression is that a 1 hour layover at each of those airports is questionable, especially with baggage transfers. My layover in Seattle, both ways, is about 2.5 hours.
I was worried about the lay over also.
They have another flight available thats 1 hr in Dallas but 2.5hrs in Seattle.

They are in partnership together. If Alaska airlines doesn’t service a certain city, American Airlines or one of its subsidiaries will be the connecting flight to the next destination where you’ll be moved over to an Alaskan Airlines flight. You can also use advantage miles from one for the other and vice versa.

OP
S
They are in partnership together. If Alaska airlines doesn’t service a certain city, American Airlines or one of its subsidiaries will be the connecting flight to the next destination where you’ll be moved over to an Alaskan Airlines flight. You can also use advantage miles from one for the other and vice versa.
Thank you

When I tried to book flights into Texas on Alaskan it got real expensive if Alaskan didn’t run the flight. When they handed you off to another airline the price increased dramatically.

AKBorn

WKR
I was worried about the lay over also.
They have another flight available thats 1 hr in Dallas but 2.5hrs in Seattle.
Take the option that has the 2.5 hour layover in Seattle, 1 hour isn't enough time in Seattle if you have to deplane the Dallas flight and take their shuttle to another terminal (happens often connecting in Seattle on Alaska), especially since they close the doors on the terminal end about 10 minutes before your scheduled departure time.