Fly away hunters - how and how much do you pack?

Travel to CO for 3rd rifle. Flight to Denver and rental car to the hunt spot. Trying to keep it to 2 checked bags.

I have a large SKB gun case that I use clothing for padding And a large duffle. Both are geared to weigh 45# to avoid baggage fees. Extra clothes, optics and electronics in the carry on. It’s always a pain in the ass and I end up making some gear choices, but I actually think the weight limits keep me from overpacking.

I have to grab things like food, lighters, fuel, bear spray, etc. as well.

Traveler

WKR
When I fly that is pretty much what I end up with also. I use my backpack as carry on.

Northpark

WKR
Went to Alaska this spring for bear. I flew with my rifle case which had my rifle, leather man, knives, spotting scope, bipod, ammo, and some small items like my hat and gloves. I used my kuiu 2200 pack as my carry on and my daily use Viking tactics backpack as my under the seat personal item. I wore my kuiu attack pants and my fleece jacket and my crispi boots on the plane. Granted I didn’t have to pack a tent, sleeping bag or pad because my buddy had extras of those items up there. If I had to pack those I would have jumped to my kuiu 5600 pack as my carry on. Flying back I had the same except I paid for two more checked bags in the form of a 50lb box of bear meat and a 50lb box of halibut and shrimp.

Heres all my gear for the flight up.BAF3CC70-F063-489E-BE2E-C008BE1C3F32.jpeg

Rich M

WKR
DIY has got to be a big challenge regarding what to bring and not bring. What to buy, shipping stuff home vs carrying it on, etc.

I've driven on my DIY hunts and both were 30-32 hrs from home to camp site. Carried enough stuff for an army. This time we said heck with it and are going guided. 5 hr flight, then rent truck and about 5 hr drive (we could do a connecting flight but it would take longer to get there that way - more fun driving around new country as opposed to sleeping at airport).

The list for this trip is pretty short - gun, ammo, clothes, boots. Gonna be tough to leave the garage full of gear at home.