Fluted Bolt

Matt44

FNG
Alight y’all, can’t find nothing online. Looking to buy a fluted bolt. X bolt hells canyon 300 win mag Burnt Bronze Cerakote. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also looking for a good muzzle break in same finish and possibly a carbon fiber or light weight stock. Wanting to trick this bad boy out. Thanks

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
LRI fluted and cerakoted two of my x bolt bolts. Turned out great and it was a simple process.

Unckebob

WKR
Other than look cool, does a fluted barrel do anything else.

Last edited:

Unckebob

WKR
It’s definitely primarily the looks but you are also trimming the tiniest bit of weight if you’re trying to justify it!

Thanksl I have one rifle that came with a fluted blot. Looks great, but I always wondered if they did anything performance related.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m still not seeing things where I can get the finish that I need, I’m not wanting to send my bolt off bc gun season is around the corner. Look to just buy one
If it makes you feel better. I sent my tikka bolt to LRI a week ago. It wasn’t out of my hands a week. They had it for about a single day. Much faster than I expected. Looks good too. Saved hardly any weight (0.3oz) but that’s ok!

Last edited:
The problem with just buying a new bolt could result in your headspace being way off, either short or long. It could be a simple swap, and it may not. Being right here at hunting season I’d wait till after season.