Flatline Map Road Use Key

Whip

WKR
I just received a Flatline Map for my upcoming AZ hunt. Looks like a great Map but is missing a key to tell what the different types of roads are.
A an example on this pic there is a brown line/ unit border that I know is a paved road. But then all different types of roads - brown, white and red double lines, double dashed lines, single dash lines, etc.
Are all of these open to motor vehicles? Obviously they will get smaller with little or no maintenance as you drop down. Just more curious which can be legally driven on.

Attachments

• 20230325_132154.jpg
    20230325_132154.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 23

ElkNut1

WKR
Basically all open. I did not see one gate anywhere in the parts of the unit I hunted other than Private Property. If you have an ATV you will be able to go anywhere where roads are shown, it's just some roads are better than others. Lots of Ranch type roads in that unit.

That map along with the Flatline App map will get you anywhere you want to go & back.

ElkNut

OP
W

Whip

WKR
Basically all open. I did not see one gate anywhere in the parts of the unit I hunted other than Private Property. If you have an ATV you will be able to go anywhere where roads are shown, it's just some roads are better than others. Lots of Ranch type roads in that unit.

That map along with the Flatline App map will get you anywhere you want to go & back.

ElkNut

Thanks Paul. I assume that the dark colored roads in my pic above, like 697 or 9747C would be fairly decent and ones like 6127 are more ranch type roads?
I'm just guessing the better the road the more traffic and other hunters to expect?

OP
W

Whip

WKR
I've searched my map high and low - nothing on mine.
But that's exactly what I was hoping to find. Any chance you could send me a better picture of the legend? When I expand the pic posted here I can't read the print. I'll send you a message with my email address.
Did you look on both sides? This is on one side of every flatline I have. Plan on vehicles on the closed roads

Thanks!

ElkNut1

WKR
In the areas we previously discussed, which is huge there are no closed roads, all are accessible. Even the Ranch type roads are accessible by about any truck, it's just that I don't like beating my rig up like that! (grin) Too, consult in your buddies who've hunted it in the past, you'll see you can go anywhere you'd like other than private. Atv's & S&S are best. -- Finding elk will not be an issue. Hunting pressure is pretty low just about everywhere compared to OTC.

ElkNut