FL Solitude / Skre Guardian Bibs

setch

WKR
Looking for some clarification on the leg zippers with these from those who own them...

I believe the leg zippers on these run from the bottom of the bib all the way to the top of the bib and do not stop at the waist as the sitka incinerator/fanatic/stratus do. Is that right?

I am trying to figure out if wearing these while walking and you need to dump heat, do you need to reach under jacket to get the top zipper and unzip down the side of the leg to just above the knee. Or as with sitka, does the top zipper start right around the waist and you can just start to unzip down to the knee from that point...?

Thanks in advance

STL

FNG
The zips are completely full length and do not stop at the waist. It’s a double zipper system, one at the top and one at the bottom. The zipper goes up to mid torso or so, so you’d have to reach under your jacket to unzip it if it’s zipped all the way to the top. There is a velcro tab that connects the two sides of the zipper. That holds the top part together when you unzip the top zipper down to vent. Hope that makes sense. The sanctuary bib pictures on the FL website show this pretty well. It’s the same for the solitude.

STL already answered your question, but I just wanted to add that when walking to my stand, I leave the bottom buttoned (there’s a snap), and then zip the bottom zipper up to my hip to keep my legs vented while I walk.

Reactions: STL
OP
S

setch

WKR
Thanks for the details...exactly what I was looking for.

Sout-out to Skre owners -- Do the new Guardian bibs work the same way?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the details...exactly what I was looking for.

Sout-out to Skre owners -- Do the new Guardian bibs work the same way?
The zipper can run from the bottom up or from the top down
b334412db20ec1a4dc06679c9855f051.jpg

You can completely open each side by running the zipper up
71e707b79be836d89585a52fa7cf5e67.jpg

The Guardian has a snap to keep the bottom closed
5ee3896ce87f76e10e9ca00daf61ef18.jpg