Fitment: try before you buy events?

Unckebob

WKR
Simply put, my Fred Flinstone build makes finding anything "off the rack" that fits right difficult.

Thus, I am skeptical about spending a large amount of money for a good pack unless I can try it on first. I certainly don't want to carry a heavy load a long way with an uncomfortable pack

Living in N Texas, my store options seem to be REI and Cabelas/Bass Pro. Do the makers of good packs show up at events like the Dallas Safari Club show or other events in Texas/Southwest?

I am a firm believer in buy once, cry once. I want quality the first time.

Thank you in advance.

Wapiti151

WKR
Personally, I’d pull the trigger on an exo, SG, or Kifaru. Get it home, get some weight in it and try it on. I’d call em first. All three have top notch customer service, I bet if you tell them your situation and don’t take any tags off, etc they would let you return it. Also, I know SG will look at pictures of you wearing your pack if you send an email to them and help with adjustments.

Amand

FNG
Scheels in frisco carries the stone glacier and mystery ranch packs that you could try on.

schmalzy

WKR
SG and Exo both have great return policies. I bought a k3 and returned it and it couldn’t have gone better. Mark at Exo made it super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Exo k4 and a kifaru duplex lite in the highland village area. And as was stated above, Scheels carries stone glacier packs.

I haven’t seen any of the pack companies other than stone glacier or kuiu at Dallas safari club in years past. Barney’s is there as well, but that’s a different animal of pack than what most here are looking for.

That said, exo and kifaru have a pretty robust return policy if they don’t work out for you.

jmez

WKR
I believe Kifaru has the same return policy as the others.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
Scheels in frisco carries the stone glacier and mystery ranch packs that you could try on.

I forgot about Scheels. have to pay like 8 tolls to get there in from my house so I usually only go there when one of my kids is playing soccer in the area.

Thank you for the excellent suggestion.