First Smokepole

I was obliged to sell the firearm that my Vortex Viper 1-6 inhabited and used that money to buy my first muzzle loader. I’ve been a bow hunter for the past 2 years and am looking forward to my first foray into firearms hunting.

In my state you can’t bow hunt during firearms season on most state land, but you can muzzleloader hunt during shotgun season and ML season, so with my bow and my CVA I can hunt from September through the end of December.

I’m planning to start with IMR White Hots and Power Belts, given the ease of purchase of both of those in .50 at my local Bass Pro and the scarcity of BH209.

Attachments

• 9BF276AF-EC8E-4416-8722-D7A60C45A4B8.jpeg
    9BF276AF-EC8E-4416-8722-D7A60C45A4B8.jpeg
    781.8 KB · Views: 20
That is a nice looking muzzy. I own an optima that I just did a foliage green Cerakote job on. Turned out pretty nice. In the process of building up a LR muzzleloader for hunting western states where they're legal.

OP
H
That is a nice looking muzzy. I own an optima that I just did a foliage green Cerakote job on. Turned out pretty nice. In the process of building up a LR muzzleloader for hunting western states where they're legal.
Post pics! That sounds awesome. I’m debating painting the furniture. Not a huge fan of the camo, but the cerakote on the metal looks really nice.