First Montana Bear Hunt with my adult Montana Deputy Son - location guidance appreciated but not expected.

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Guys,

My son moved to Bozeman 5 years ago after graduating from college. He made the move because he thought he would love the Montana lifestyle and he does. Now if we can just get him married so I can have grandkids some day..........:) I guess in some ways taking him hunting with me when he was a a kid sort of backfired in the sense that he doesn't live close the me anymore. But on a positive note he joined the Sheriff Department as a Deputy and we still get to go on adventures together. Anyway - we've never bear hunted before, but have done a fair amount of backcountry elk hunting. I'm in charge of finding some places to hunt this spring when I come out May 12-20th and thought I'd ask the Rokslide folks to see if anyone could point us in the right direction? We were thinking about going to the Libby area - but that is not set in stone. I will say the standard "not looking for honey hole" comment - but at the same time if you are like me, you may have some places in mind to hunt that you know have bears and don't really care if you share that location because you probably aren't going to go there anyway. If you are that guy, I'd love to hear from you. We would be happy to share feedback once we checked it out. It's just going to be my son and I going. We're good with camping by the vehicle or walking a few miles into the backcountry with our gear. Very flexible and will not share hunting locations if someone does not want them shared.

If you have something you don't mind sharing, please PM me. Thank you!

Every animal in the woods is gonna be on the best green up, especially after this hard winter.

Rather then asking for hints on specific spots do some research into what are common things to look for that bears are on.

Learn bear behavior, that is transferable to anywhere.

Bears need to get there bowls loosen up in the spring. They are on mostly neon green grass.

With how different the winter is this year someone could tell you an exact spot that mite not hold anything this year.