First Lite's Womens Merino Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Hey guys and gals, if you haven't met Becca Moffat of Wasilla, Alaska, time to come out from under the rock!

She's a serious backcountry hunter and spends more days in the field than many of us do. She's been with Rokslide since the beginning and published more than her share of articles, so when I learned that First Lite was releasing a Women's Line of Merino, I hit the speed dial straight to Becca Moffat.

She put all four of First Lite's initial offerings to the test this fall while hunting Caribou, Moose, and Sitka, putting over 50 days on them (I know what you're thinking- "50 days??? She gotta job?"- told you she was serious!- and yes she has a job)

So if you've got a lady in your life who'd like to enjoy all the benefits of Merino, (or if you is a lady!) give Becca's review a read.

Also, help First Lite out by sharing this article in your social media. They could just ignore women like too many hunting companies but they don't.

Here is the review:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/clothing/389-first-lite-women-s-baselayer-review

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's easy to write a review when you have quality gear to work with. A huge thanks to First Lite, not only for making women's specific offerings, but also for paying so much attention to detail with the first pieces in their women's line.

Thanks for the review and write-up Becca. My wife and I are always looking for ways to keep her warm. I will be showing her your article and likely placing an order so she can do her own testing. Hopefully the line from FirstLite will continue to expand. Will watch for future reviews from your experience.

Best of luck in 2016.

PAAnn

FNG
Nice write up Becca. I was looking for a different system. This write up is certainly helpful.

_RJ_

FNG
Are they going to come out with women's specific items other than base layers? At least pants and some tops.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wife will be happy about that. I haven't seen anything on their site yet. But I remember them saying last year they will be working on it.

I don't see them listed on their website yet, but a copy of this year's catalog was floating around a little while back and included a women's version of the currogate/guide pant. I ran a prototype version of this pant for 10 days on our Kodiak deer hunt last fall, and they are phenomenal. Good 4 way stretch, functional zippered cargo pockets, and a water resistant finish. Worth a look once they are available for sale.

_RJ_

FNG
I don't see them listed on their website yet, but a copy of this year's catalog was floating around a little while back and included a women's version of the currogate/guide pant. I ran a prototype version of this pant for 10 days on our Kodiak deer hunt last fall, and they are phenomenal. Good 4 way stretch, functional zippered cargo pockets, and a water resistant finish. Worth a look once they are available for sale.

Thank you for the response. We look forward to it.