First lite gear for spring bear hunt in northern Idaho

Dadams23

FNG
I am going on a bear hunt in northern Idaho this spring. What first lite gear would you recommend to take with me?

My go to pant that time of year (well most the year) is the corrugate foundry +/- baselayer depending on temp. For tops I like a lightweight baselayer or T shirt plus a jacket and puffy. That should have you covered from freezing to sweating your nuts off… which is spring bear hunting.

trolson90

FNG
Not the Corrugate Foundry. I took that on my bear hunt in Idaho last year and was using the hip vents to dump some heat, ended up getting a tick on me. I hate the FL pant design. Started moving my pants over to KUIU since they have the mesh lining on their hip vents to prevent that. That's really my only beef with FL. I also used the Kiln hoody, Corrugate Guide Jacket, and Uncompahgre 2.0.
Best advice I can give is don't be married to one brand and there is no need to spend big money. Black Ovis makes good stuff too for cheaper.

CC55

FNG
I still layer like usual but am less concerned about it since I'm usually truck camping or heading home every night. I'd say bring rain gear that will take some abuse. Weather can and will be all over the place (snow, sleet, sun, etc) but generally gets better as you get closer to June. Ticks are probably a given, esp if you're bushwhacking.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not to hung up on brands and until my son started gifting me FL stuff I had none. It is nice gear though.

That said, I used the crap out of the Omen rain gear this year. Easily the best quiet rain gear I've used. They have a built in gaiter of sorts in the bottom of the leg that helps keep stuff from going up your pant leg, but mine were torn before the season ended. I sent them in and got a brand new pair in about a week, no questions asked. They are way more quiet than Sitka. I have no experience with Skre or Forloh rain gear.

MHWASH

WKR
You'll want pants that dry fairly quickly because it's either raining, or has been raining. You'll also want rain gear. Find a pant that's not too warm. If it's going to be cool I'll wear Attacks, if warm I break out the Prana Zions.

I am going on a bear hunt in northern Idaho this spring. What first lite gear would you recommend to take with me?
I'm from MT I wear sitka and Stone Glacier can't help much on FL. Ask the Hushin crew lol they're rolling in it. Otherwise price is comparable across the board so wear a Marino base layer. Next wear a good breathable outer layer maybe a lightweight softshell type. And lastly goretex rain gear and non insulated quality goretex boots. Keep a puffy in your pack vest or jacket jic.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If it's going to be wet most every day, don't wear merino, that will never dry out. Wear a synthetic base layer, at least it'll have a chance to dry.