First Lite base layer sleeve length

pwrdbycotn

FNG
Classified Approved
Has anyone else had issues with FL’s Kiln and/or Furnace tops having ridiculously long sleeves? I wear a medium in everything and sleeve length has never been an issue with street clothes or hunting clothes.
I ordered a set of Kiln and Furnace tops and bottoms and the tops have arm lengths that are just silly long. If I want the cuff to sit at my wrist, it causes a big bulge of material on up the sleeve. Needless to say, I’ll be returning them, and the bottoms as well because they didn’t just blow me away with the fit, but they weren’t that bad.
So has anyone else noticed that you need orangutan arms with FL base layers?

Last edited:
Has anyone else had issues with FL’s Kiln and/or Furnace tops having ridiculously long sleeves? I wear a medium in everything and sleeve length has never been an issue with street clothes or hunting clothes.
I ordered a set of Kiln and Furnace tops and bottoms and the tops have arm lengths that are just silly long. If I want the cuff to sit at my wrist, it causes a big bulge of material on up the sleeve. Needless to say, I’ll be returning them, and the bottoms as well because they didn’t just blow me away with the fit, but they weren’t that bad.
So has anyone else noticed that you need orangutan arms with FL base layers?
The kiln is long, but I have long arms. The furnace was long too until my wife washed it on hot and dried it on hot 😃

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Their sleeve length is all over the place depending on which model you choose.

Kiln and furnace are super long, which for me I like.

The fuse is way too short.

The wick is in between and probably the only true to size traditional sleeve length.

Dave_S

FNG
My furnace and wick sleeves seem slightly long, but I have been happy with them. I'd say my arm length is pretty average for my height, and I do notice some slight bunching above the wrist with them. If I don't utilize the thumb hole, it definitely adds to the excess material.

I just got a wick long sleeve and have the same issue, but it also bunches up really bad under my armpit. Everyone talked about how these were the best baselayer option, but the bunching and the seams in my armpits drive me crazy.

JakeT

Lil-Rokslider
First lite base layer sizing seems to be all over the place. Some stuff I can wear medium and some im xl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
I have a couple wick and a kiln, sleeve length is good on all for me. I wear a 16x36 dress shirt though so pretty long arms, I can wear an xl in the base layer or L if I want it tight. The jackets on the other hand, sleeves are too short in an L, and its way too tight across my back, but if I get an XL the sleeves fit and it fits across the back, but I could use the torso as a tent—seems made for really heavy guys. I guess its simply not possible to have sizing that fits every body type unless you have a gagillion sizes.

Lowg08

WKR
I love them for the sleeve length. I’m 6’2” with a nearly 6’5” wingspan. So nice to have a shirt touch my hand much less have some room to bend my elbow. So yes they are long but it’s amazing if you have monkey arms.

I love them for the sleeve length. I’m 6’2” with a nearly 6’5” wingspan. So nice to have a shirt touch my hand much less have some room to bend my elbow. So yes they are long but it’s amazing if you have monkey arms.
That's my specs too. Makes for great draw length but terrible bench pressing lol