First Aid Kits?

16Bore

WKR
What are you fellas taking for booboo's? Most of it is self explanatory. The little tubes are flavored toothpick containers that work great for little chit. I have a few waterproof matches in one, then ball powder just on case (Gold Bond), and Ibuprofen. One extra Havalon blade stays in the kit, small piece of fire steel with magnesium shavings wrapped in foil. Small bit of duct tape.

8.9oz and compact.

rodney482

WKR
Quick clot bandage
superglue
tiny roll of duct tape
few bandaids
burn gel
Vaseline
bug bite creme
Benadryl
Aleve
tweezers
medical tape
blistex with spf
tiny led light

all in a kifaru pullout

kodiakfly

WKR
Everyone's kit will be a bit different. For fire starter, I like cotton balls soaked in Vaseline. Burns nice and slow and you can stick it on something and it won't move. I also carry an ACE bandage. Gauze is good, but thinking in terms of slicing something open and there being enough blood that you need gauze, you're going to want more than some tape to hold it all together. The ACE works well to wrap the whole thing up and get it stationary and apply constant pressure. It also works well for splinting if need be...something tape won't do as well.

mattfish

FNG
I am a nfg. I was wondering if it is necessary to carry a snake bite kit? I never see them in the lists. I am from PA and never carry one. We are heade to Colorado this year early archery. I am not sure if it is necessary. Any thoughts?

flatfoot

FNG
No. The snake bite kits do not work. Light constriction bandage 5 cm above the bite and immediate medical attention is needed.

mattfish

FNG
Thanks flatfoot. I wondered why none was ever in anyones kit. Thanks for responding.Hope I didnt highjack op thread.