Fires in the west

It’s been the normal since the beginning of time. There’s been fires going on every year for thousands of years. Every year the fire activity seems to move around and affect a different region. We had a lot of fires last year in Colorado. This year it’s raining like crazy. Never seen the green grass so tall. I’ve been fighting fires since 2004. Same thing just different year and different part of the country.
Normal by what measure?

Maybe since 2004

WRM

WKR
Why mire into a climate debate? You either believe it or you don't. China and India are the rising problems as their Industrial Revolutions create middle classes....all of whom aspire to live like we do. They aren't going to do much significant to curtail their respective impacts.

We need a shit ton less people on this ball of dirt. The next Spanish Flu will help resolve this issue.

fmlyman

FNG
In eastern WA it hasn't got as bad as last September. I hunted deer one morning and had a headache the rest of the day due to the air quality. I hope we get some rain soon! I've got a bear hunt coming up and my area is currently closed.

Scoot

WKR
We need a shit ton less people on this ball of dirt. The next Spanish Flu will help resolve this issue.
Unfortunately, this is the "solution" that is needed to fix one hell of a lot of our world's problems. It will address a ton of health, space, and social problems that we're faced with. ...and... it'll happen (unless it happens due to mankind killing each other first)! No particular reason why COVID was so terribly "unlethal". The next iteration may be more like ebola where half (give or take) of the people who get it don't make it. As we become more and more overpopulated the likelihood of something like this will keep on going up.

WRM

WKR
Unfortunately, this is the "solution" that is needed to fix one hell of a lot of our world's problems. It will address a ton of health, space, and social problems that we're faced with. ...and... it'll happen (unless it happens due to mankind killing each other first)! No particular reason why COVID was so terribly "unlethal". The next iteration may be more like ebola where half (give or take) of the people who get it don't make it. As we become more and more overpopulated the likelihood of something like this will keep on going up.
Bubonic Plague, Spanish Flu, whatever it was before either of them. Or Yellowstone super volcano. Something will put us back in our place soon enough. Or, as you note, we'll just kill most of each other off. China and Russia working up their hypersonic missiles right now--sure as shit not to shoot confetti. We're about like cockroaches tho....a few always will make it thru.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Idaho Panhandle just went to Stage II fire restrictions so I'm a little worried. Nothing to close to our area yet but I'm hoping for lots of rain before September! Potlatch and other big timber companies just put in some major restrictions on their lands as well.

Idaho Panhandle just went to Stage II fire restrictions so I'm a little worried. Nothing to close to our area yet but I'm hoping for lots of rain before September! Potlatch and other big timber companies just put in some major restrictions on their lands as well.
The Nez Perce/ Clearwater has been under Stage 2 for a couple of weeks. I talked to a FS ranger from Grangeville last week, according to them it's pretty dire up there. Not good at all. Hope for some cooler temps, no boneheads starting new fires and plenty of rain.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
The Nez Perce/ Clearwater has been under Stage 2 for a couple of weeks. I talked to a FS ranger from Grangeville last week, according to them it's pretty dire up there. Not good at all. Hope for some cooler temps, no boneheads starting new fires and plenty of rain.

Yea, I have family in Orofino and they tell me it's just as bad. There's already a stretch at the end of the St. Joe road that's closed off so I'm hoping that's as far as it will go in our area. Let's all hope for rain but no more lightning!

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Bootleg fire here in OR just hit 400k acres. Our 3rd largest since 1900 I think. The last few days the weather has helped slow it down, but the 10 day forecast isnt looking too good.

cmahoney

WKR

Lfkfam

FNG
Always on our toes out here. The East Troublesome fire took a lot of acreage last year.. here’s a post-fire shot of one of the creeks I hunt. Stay safe out there
856797013476b0f59ab754c3eb65aea3.jpg

d65282d5b46e642db47b6f394159aba8.jpg