Finding a deal on a new scope

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,

New user here so good to e-meet you all!

I made the mistake of buying a new rifle, which led to needing a new scope, which led me here. Which was great because now I know exactly what I need/want. Which led to another problem. I can’t convince myself to drop the $1500 on the scope I want. Seems ludicrous considering what they are, but I guess the market is what it is. My question is are there certain times of year that you can get better deals or do I just have to keep watching and waiting? Or maybe it’s already about as cheap as it’s going to get? Looking at the Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 FFP. I’m not 100% sold on it, mainly just seems like the cheapest high end scope that has most of what I’m wanting. Looks like the SWFA 3-15 would be the lower end equivalent, but would like some better low light capability and a tad more magnification.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy used and there is the risk is a lemon which is why is being sold or was procured by a meth head stealing it. Or, get scammed with an empty box.

I buy a lot of things used but not high dollar items such as scopes. One exception. I used to buy optics right after the big outdoor/gun shows when trade show booth units were sold off. But, not optics from unknown parties.

Sometimes it is expensive to be cheap. Good sponsors on here if buying new.

wapitibob

WKR
Red Hawk or Europtic, quotes from both were below any discounted price shown on the web. I've called an optics sponsor on here twice and there won't be a third.

There is also Scopelist, which is owned by Europtic but you place a bid and they’ll accept it or not.

Then there is Cameraland in NY. My experience is if it’s something Doug has, it’s tough to beat his price and you can’t beat his service.

Europtic also has some of the Trijicons on closeout or did.

OP
F

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! Been eyeing all of these places. I keep seeing people post about getting a scope for “insert really good deal here” on various forums, and what not, so was just curious how often these things come along or if it’s just random. Don’t want to wait months, but dang, could get lasik surgery f
Swfa has their 5-20 on sale for 40% off right now..... comes in at half your budget
Saw this, it’s a little more mag than I wanted but could be a good step into FFP. Why aren’t these popular anymore?

Saw this, it’s a little more mag than I wanted but could be a good step into FFP. Why aren’t these popular anymore?
It's an older design, people like to chase the new things. It also isn't loaded down with features that people "need," which might actually be why swfas are so reliable to begin with.

I've got 4 swfas right now with a 5th on backorder, if I wanted more than 9x I would be buying one of the 5-20s. My 3-15 works great, but the fov is much lower than the 3-9.