Finally drew my CO sheep tag

coloelk52

FNG
After 22 years, I drew my CO sheep tag for Unit 33. I've looked at the previous years horn harvest reports, but without the GPS files which I can't find, it's kinda generic. I have some areas in mind, just waiting for the snow to recede before I can get up into some places. If anyone has any info they would like to share, I would appreciate it.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
congrats on your tag! Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep on the mountain”.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit and go over maps with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep hunters, almost certainly some who know your unit on hand to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

Good Luck!

Broomd

WKR
After 22 years, I drew my CO sheep tag for Unit 33. I've looked at the previous years horn harvest reports, but without the GPS files which I can't find, it's kinda generic. I have some areas in mind, just waiting for the snow to recede before I can get up into some places. If anyone has any info they would like to share, I would appreciate it.

These types of postings are legion here; new guys join to ply information from others and are then never heard from again after the season--successful or not.
Hope you stick around.

Welcome, good luck with your Summer scouting and upcoming hunt!

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag!! Great unit with some nice rams. PM me if you want some general info. I’ve been on a few hunts in that unit.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
I just found out I got a EWE tag in S33 as well. 9/26 - 10/06. I'd love to hear about anybody's feedback on the units.
Join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9. Sure to have previous S33 hunters there to help you build a strategy for your hunt.

2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet
When: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look
at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food
trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a
chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew so
that we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.

Join us at the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society Sheep and Goat hunter Meet and Greet on July 9. Sure to have previous S33 hunters there to help you build a strategy for your hunt.

2022 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society
Bighorn Sheep and Mountain Goat Hunter Meet & Greet
When: July 9. 2022. 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Where: 1 Shot Gear, 16190 S Golden Rd Unit A, Golden, CO 80401

Join us for a day of visiting with fellow sheep and goat hunters! Talk strategy, look
at your maps, and meet hunters who have drawn this year and in the past! Food
trucks will be on site and we will provide free beverages. Bring some cash for a
chance at some great raffle prizes.

Please RSVP by completing the form on our website. Include the unit you drew so
that we can make every effort to have someone there with experience.
I was actually looking at this. Is there a remote attendance option? lol I'm a Washington resident.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Have you signed up for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society events listed earlier in their thread?