Favorite Wild Game

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
I was going through the thread about what to eat with wild game and I came to this thought, What is your absolute favorite wild game. Mine is Elk, they are just great but also a big fan of buffalo on the grill or Dove wrapped in bacon and italian dressing. Daniel

R

rebecca francis

I have tried almost every kind of game out there and BY FAR my most favorite is dall sheep. It is so tender and no wild flavor at all. I figured bighorn would be similar but it wasn't. The dall blows everything out of the water. Oh and bushbuck in Africa is really yummy too.

R

rebecca francis

I was going through the thread about what to eat with wild game and I came to this thought, What is your absolute favorite wild game. Mine is Elk, they are just great but also a big fan of buffalo on the grill or Dove wrapped in bacon and italian dressing. Daniel

Agreed Buffalo is fantastic!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also like Dall sheep for steaks, seasoned on the grill with a little worchestershire sauce and seasoning salt, then grilled! but by far my favorite ground meat is mountain goat! So flavorful, and makes awesome burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, etc. Hoping we can get some more this year, as we are almost out!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Buffalo, Elk, Moose, whitetail, Bear, never had sheep. But Fred Bear said it was the best:)

swat8888

WKR
Another vote for dall sheep...steaks on the grill kept very rare are outstanding. Also, very good wrapped in bacon.