Favorite Predator Calls for Bears and Cats

Got an Icotec Night Stalker on the way. I have one month left in WA to fill a bear tag. Anyone have some recommended calls on the Icotec machines for bears in the fall? This is the list of standard calls it comes with.

I'll probably try to fill my cougar tag too with calling since we can't hunt with dogs. Imagine I'd use similar calls for that?

JeffP_Or

WKR
Alternate question...any recommended sound packs to buy for bears and cougars? Lots of coyote focused stuff on the standard playlist.
You live in Washington - look up "Rainshadow" - he used to also post to this site; has some of the best cougar sounds going apparently.

Last edited:
OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
You live in Washington - look up "Raishadow" - he used to also post to this site; has some of the best cougar sounds going apparently.
I actually got a custom built knife from him in a Christmas gift exchange on the HuntWa forum! Sent me a CD with some sounds too. I just don't have a CD player to get any of it into a digital file. I'll have to find a friend with a laptop with a CD port to get those.

Attachments

• Rainshadow Knife.jpg
    Rainshadow Knife.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 10

JeffP_Or

WKR
He does have them in MP3 to email and load on your caller if the CD effort falls through....I would think the sounds on the CD are probably the same MP3 files and could be simply copied instead of rerecorded but have no idea.