Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Sitka

Votes: 11 11.2%

• Total voters

dotman

WKR
We have had a few polls might as well see what everyone's favorite hunting clothes company is in a poll.

I know we all have multiple items from diff mfg we like but just pick your #1 company and maybe tell us why.

Mine is First Lite, I have items from all of the selections but overall First Lite has stood the test of time with their baselayers for me and has been the best overall $$ value and it is great to see them expanding their selection, would be a bonus if they offered the Kryptek Highlander pattern but Dry Earth is a great all around option.

Customer service has been great with First Lite, Kryptek and Kuiu.

Sorry Sitka guys, just realized I left them off.

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
Funny there's no Sitka option. Used to be the only acceptable clothing line. I'm actually thinking about making a whole sale. switch to OR for all my early season stuff

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
I voted for KUIU for now. I personally use KUIU, Kryptek, Sitka, First Lite, Rivers West (can't wear it out and really good in the cold and wet) and an old version of the Cabelas Berber Fleece and a few others that I have left out like Mountain Hardwear. I find that I like certain pieces from the various companies and wear at the same time. I have had times when I am wearing 5 or more companies at the same time if it is cold enough. I'm not fashion conscious enough to require matching camo.

Maybe I need to be a contrarian like LB.

Stresd

FNG
Changed from Sitka to Kuiu and quite happy with my decision. Have most of it and for me Kuiu works really well..

I've been using Core 4, which has been very impressive. I recently picked up a complete set of Sitka gear, and it's NICE! Between the two I'd give the nod to Sitka, but Core 4 is not far behind.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked the Kryptek cause its all Ive used other then my Scent lok and Cableas and under armor from the past. Before that back in my younger days it was the flanal brown button up to blend in =-)

i put other, i really really like my sitka stuff, i also really really like my first lite, and i really like my kuiu stuff. ive just had sitka for longer and it has proven itself to me. although kuiu and first lite have really impressed me.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Honestly, its all about function for me. Whatever piece i am using has to match the intended purpose.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Honestly, its all about function for me. Whatever piece i am using has to match the intended purpose.

Not 1 stands above the rest for you :). I feel exactly the same way, I mix it all up but First Lite is my favorite.

need a category for all of the above. like pieces of all mentioned companies plus a couple not mentioned like gray wolf woolens, Jeff Aulick [sp] great guy to work with and you know its made in america by an american, now the materials well......hes the first one to tell you camo dyed material is his biggest pia

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Yeah thought about that but maybe on the next one we'll change the poll up because I have a feeling the majority mix it up and don't have a favorite that stands above the rest unless it is in a specific item.

Lawnboi

WKR
I don't have a favorite, but I do have a favorite piece of clothing.... The Sitka traverse hoody, so I'll vote that.

I do like my kuiu though, I think the DWr and drying time on their outer wear is great.

I do like the kryptek pattern along with sitkas pattern, and I'm now a believer in camo of some sort if I have my bow in my hand.

Manosteel

WKR
Like others have said, I have a lot of clothing from different companies. Can't say if Krypteck, sitka, Kuiu (which I haven't tried yet but I have both the attack and guide pants on order) or First light [looks good and I'm sure I will try their stuff in the future] is better than the other. However I am a fan of the Highlander camo.

I voted kryptek because I like that the owners are vets/hunters and are still involved in producing stuff that works for our military. I use first lite for my base layers and they are awesome. I have some kuiu and feel its better gear than the kryptek but not by much. I think it just comes down to who I would rather support and I like the way the owners of kryptek are doing business.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well, I guess I'd have to go with First Lite at this point because I have more First Lite than any of those others, and all of that is base layers and jackets. Still waiting for one of these companies to make pants long enough for men instead of boys......and my sisters.:p

Well, I guess I'd have to go with First Lite at this point because I have more First Lite than any of those others, and all of that is base layers and jackets. Still waiting for one of these companies to make pants long enough for men instead of boys......and my sisters.:p

If you go to krypteks website you can order long pants ,35" inseam I think.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used Sitka for several years and jumped over to Kuiu from the get go. Still use other gear but 80% of the time i will have some KUIU gear on. I have yet to have a bad piece of KUIU gear and have most of the line up. I like what they doing innovation wise and the product has not failed me yet, whether it is the gaiters, merino, guide pants/jacket, attack pants and the yukon jacket. My only qualm is that an innovative company such as this did not come around when I was much younger:)

n2horns

WKR
FL. Also liked C4E but they are going away from Mountain Mimicry. Kuiu i tried, but nothing fit and nothing in my size or ever in stock.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ftresdtrswhes45