Favorite frozen "Meal in a bag" for base camp

180ls1

WKR
Whats everyone's favorite pre-made meal in a bag that you thaw and eat at base camp?

I'll start - My mom's chicken tikka masala.

TaperPin

WKR
My better half makes a chili that hits all the bases for flavor, texture, etc. I just had it this morning for breakfast. Lol

I started making tacos on the same day she makes chili and they go really well together even though most of my life they seemed to be totally different meals - a person can have as much of one or the other as they want.

A really good tritip would also be on my list - warmed up slow it’s almost as good as fresh off the grill.

Pulled pork freezes well and makes a great change in flavor over many other camp foods.

Braised short ribs in a really thick sauce spooned over mashed potatoes. Just don’t over cook the carrots and celery or they turn to mush out of the freezer. It also goes well over white rice.

Cheesecake - don’t forget cheesecake.

Last edited:

Dented

WKR
Chili
Beef stew
Meatloaf cooked in muffin tins
Stuffed baked potatoes
Chicken and veggies

Man, the list just keeps going on! When you can freeze and then reheat there's very little i won't bring along.

87TT

WKR
I just freeze our leftovers in portion size plastic containers then after frozen, pop them out and vacuum seal them. Reheat in the bag in boiling water.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Add chicken, peas, mushrooms. It’ll stick w you.

Attachments

• IMG_7013.jpeg
    IMG_7013.jpeg
    750.4 KB · Views: 8

jzeblaz

WKR
Wife has made a Pad Thai for camp the last few season. It's a hit. While it is heating up, chop some cilantro and cashews or peanuts and you're off to the races. Pretty sure there were no leftovers and it was a massive batch for 3 guys.