Fat boy tripods vs RRS tripods? Invert 60/levitate head vs anvil 30?

Hey y’all

If anyone here has experience with a RRS tripod and a fat boy tripod, I’d like to get your feed back and what is more stable?

RRS is lighter and packs down easier, but fat boy has a higher overall max weight capacity but also about 3lbs heavier.

I’ve used an anvil head and really like it, only drawback is when panning left to right, it’s very easy to loosen the tension and having your rifle tilt.

The first part of your question may be attributed to RRS under-rating their load capacities. There's guys who put their whole bodyweight on certain RRS tripods (to prove a point) that are only rated to like half that. What do you want to use the tripod for anyway?

parshal

WKR
I've handled but not shot off the Fat Boy tripods. The only way to beat the stability of an RRS is to have a heavier tripod (in comparable sizes). For whatever reason, they've figured out how to have the stability and the weight savings.

Without knowing the exact tripods you're comparing, I'd venture to guess the Fat Boy is as stable (with both using the same head) as the RRS but at the penalty of the extra weight. That's what I found with the Leofoto so I imagine it applies here, too.