Fall Kodiak......

gearguywb

WKR
Looking at the potential of hunting in '23. Wife would accompany me as a non-hunter. She is an avid outdoors person, and hunts a fair amount so no worries there.

I spoke with Sam Rohrer, good conversation and a few options there including taking a Sitka blacktail while there.

Exchanged emails with a few others. One of the others that hunt that area and comes highly recommended, is priced out of my league.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mudslinger

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hunting with Rick Hoskins, Hunt Alaska Outfitters this May for bear. My brother and I just did an Mountain Goat hunt with him last September. Top notch outfit!!!

I'm hunting with Rick Hoskins, Hunt Alaska Outfitters this May for bear. My brother and I just did an Mountain Goat hunt with him last September. Top notch outfit!!!
How did your hunt go? I'm looking at booking a hunt with Rick in the next week for two for a future May hunt

isnt kodiak bear hunts all draw tags?
Yes if you're a measly resident peasant like yourself.

Guides with exclusive use areas on Kodiak NWR are given a set amount of tags for nonresident clients of guides. Gotta make sure the people with the deepest pockets can skip the line somehow! Make sure to keep donating to those national hunting organizations to support their lobbyists...... errrrrr I mean conservation!

Scottf270

WKR
Anyone can pony up the money and hunt nearly any area on Kodiak if they want too. I am sure the guides will take a residents money just like a non residents. You just gotta want it bad enough.

I understand doing it on your own own believe me, but as a non Alaskan, I had no choice. I would be down on the peninsula every year till I got a bear if I was an Alaska resident.

Anyone can pony up the money and hunt nearly any area on Kodiak if they want too. I am sure the guides will take a residents money just like a non residents. You just gotta want it bad enough.

I understand doing it on your own own believe me, but as a non Alaskan, I had no choice. I would be down on the peninsula every year till I got a bear if I was an Alaska resident.
It is against the law for an alaskan resident to “pay” a guide and get a nonresident Kodiak tag.

Yes, hunting the Alaska peninsula is doable, but not Kodiak for an Alaska resident.

uncastan

FNG
I've only heard good things about Kodiak Outdoor Adventures. Not sure if they'd have any openings this fall, though.