Fall CO Bear or AZ Coues

Ggarrett

FNG
I am wanting to do my first western hunt, did not draw any tags so I'm resorting to the OTC option. I have narrowed it down to coues or bear, I know both of these present their challenges especially considering it will be archery. What are some things to consider while I'm trying to determine which would be best for me? I will be going on an archery tag so I know the odds of bringing something home are low. While I do want to draw blood the experience is what I want more than anything.

BBob

WKR
Way too many bears in CO so go kill one! Not enough Coues to go around so leave those alone :) Way easier to kill a bear with a bow than it will be to kill a Coues deer with a bow.

I think the AZ non permit tags are sold out for this year. I could be wrong but might be worth checking, might not be an option at all. Agree with the above, probably easier to kill a bear with a bow.

BBob

WKR
I think the AZ non permit tags are sold out for this year. I could be wrong but might be worth checking, might not be an option at all. Agree with the above, probably easier to kill a bear with a bow.
Yup, no non-res tags for AZ OTC left for this year. Sold out in what 2-3 days? Probably way easier to get a CO bear tag.