Factory Winchester vs federal

Jmort1754

WKR
300 wsm
Win expedition 190 ABLR
Vs
Federal 200 terminal ascent.
Any opinions on them?
Eventual will reload whichever one shoots better. Don’t have time this year for load development.
Elk whitetail bear this year.

For what it's worth, my Browning X Bolt Speed 30 06 shoots sub MOA with 180 Federal Trophy Bonded Tips ( the Terminal Ascent I believe is a long range version of the bullet), 180 Barnes TTSX and the 178 Hornady ELDX. I picked the TBT's and set this up as my 400 yard and less elk, mule deer and whitetail gun. Most likely my whitetail gun. My gun did not like the Winchester, can't remember what and hated the Browning (made by Winchester) ammo. I have never shat any ammo out of any gun that was this bad!!!!! If it was the first ammo I had used I would have thought my barrel was bent...lol.

My Browning 300 Win mag Max Long Range shot the same ammo sub MOA. I don't reload and wanted a heavy bullet so I had Pendelton Arms work up a load for it. Ended up with a 220 grain Hornady ELDX at 2795 fps, 0.5" MOA!!!!! This will be my primary elk and mule deer gun. I shot an elk at 550 yards with a friends 28 Nosler hand loads using the Hornady ELDX's, Drop at the shot, very impressive!!!!

Not sure if this helps you. If I hadn't used Pendelton I would have used the Federal TBT's.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
Thank you. It was initially sighted in using the factor 180 tbt. Now I can’t find them anywhere.

Yep sold out everywhere I looked. Lucky I bougth 4 boxes from the same lot last year!!!! Practice with Federal Fusions, shoot great and a lot cheaper. I keep the TBT's for final practice and hunting.