Facebook

Jmort1754

WKR
Who has gotten rid of facebook? Long story short my pregnant girlfriend is hormonal and emotional and very jealous of girls liking photos, of us mind you as I don't post selfies.

Yeah it's honestly pretty easy to cut out. I quit posting on / deleted mainstream social media (facebook, instagram, twitter, anything that counted likes) after high school in 2012. Realized that I was placing too much value in the amount of likes or whatever I received on a post. Looking back, it's embarrassing how much it meant to me.

I was pissed that my parents restricted my social media use when I was younger but they were totally right to do so. I don't know how y'all parents deal with it nowadays. It has to be so much worse.

I like instagram for my own entertainment so I got back on that. But I don't post other than a story every once in a while. Stay engaged with friends by sharing posts privately. If you want to know what I'm up to you'll see it on the 24hr long story post.

I don't know how facebook is still around. Marketplace and some local backcountry skiing/snowboarding groups are the only value left in it for me.

Who has gotten rid of facebook? Long story short my pregnant girlfriend is hormonal and emotional and very jealous of girls liking photos, of us mind you as I don't post selfies.
Good luck with that...

As for the bookface. I don't do it, but I do have one. The only thing keeping it alive is I have a cabin on a private island on the coast and there's a bookface group for it. I usually go 6 mo or so without logging in, sometimes once a month depending. I don't even read my feed though, don't care. Anybody important to me has my number and I get plenty of social media from Rokslide and a couple other forums.

Middle aged, married guy here. I post things. I belong to a few groups. I tend to ”unfollow“ toxic people.

For me, It is a way to keep up with some old friends. I say happy birthday to them when their day comes up. I am surprised how many like to see pics of my kids doing their sports and stuff. the grand parents and extended family like it. A few of my kids activities and sports teams put out info through it exclusively. Same with a few local businesses.

I think the toxicity of social media is self inflicted at some level. if you or you girl are prone to drama/crazy then it will find you on social media. If you keep it pretty even keel, it isnt a problem.

Fatcamp

WKR
Love it. I'm old and Marketplace is the Flea Market of this era. I buy stuff all the time and get great deals. The only groups I belong to involve small boats and their function/maintenance or my trucks. Bought my 4runner and both boats off Marketplace.

95% of my friends are nurses from work and I'm not friends with my wife or any family except one cousin who has cool boats and likes to hunt.

Don't follow anything cultural or political and certainly don't spend much time on it either way. The first sign of anything stupid I unfollow. Not hard.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Never had it. Or insta or Pinterest
Tiktok on the other hand…🙄 great way to waste hours of your life.
FB does seem handy to look up people and like mentioned above there are groups where they only have information on FB.
Wife has it.

Rob5589

WKR
Had it for our union page. Turns out, my co-workers aren't all that tolerable away from work so I dumped it. Just say no to FB.

Loper

WKR
I made a point a few years ago to get off social media and stop following the news. It is a time suck and doesn’t make a positive impact, more negative than anything. Like others have said the only reason I haven’t deleted my FB account is for marketplace.

Hell, recently I’ve been thinking of quitting RS and a few other forums because I’m on these sites almost as much. The moment you guys start posting selfies in the mirror, I’m off.

Fatcamp

WKR
FB does seem handy to look up people and like mentioned above there are groups where they only have information on FB.
Wife has it.

I had a friend I haven't talked to in 20 years reconnect with me last week due to Facebook. He doesn't use it but his wife looked me up. Pretty cool to catch up.

Agross

WKR
Wife has it.
Same