Extended Stay in Riggins Idaho and Wilderness Units

OP
N
You can come hike the seven devils next week with my son and I and hopefully help pack an elk or 2 out!!!😂😂
Heard that's a good area from some locals, wish my tags worked there too! Good Luck to you two!!!

Last edited:
Hmm, bummer on the pics, I'll have to look at it next week. Driving a full size pickup - Thanks for the tips on heading in each area. French Creek Rd on into McCall is partially shut down for fires and my wilderness tags don't work there. Might go for a drive some night tho anyhow. Hot Spring sounds cool.

I've been heading up Alison creek some weekdays and one weekend. Cool area and drive but haven't made it all the way to Florence yet.
You can take the shortcut over Nut Basin and stop at the old Nut Basin Lookout for a helluva view over that Florence country and then drive back down towards Slate Creek. You are literally at the nexus of an outdoorsman world!

Hmm, bummer on the pics, I'll have to look at it next week. Driving a full size pickup - Thanks for the tips on heading in each area. French Creek Rd on into McCall is partially shut down for fires and my wilderness tags don't work there. Might go for a drive some night tho anyhow. Hot Spring sounds cool.

I've been heading up Alison creek some weekdays and one weekend. Cool area and drive but haven't made it all the way to Florence yet.
If you want to go to Burgdorf you have to reserve a night, they don't allow walk up use anymore. But do go check out Crystal Mountain, its a pretty unique spot, literally right behind Burgdorf