Experience with KUIU Venture series?

280ack

FNG
I am looking at a day pack and am looking at the KUIU Venture 2300. I am going to use it while hunting on horseback. Any reports of the zippers blowing out on the Venture series packs ?

I am very open to suggestions

My wants are:
I want a removable belt because my sidearm is belt mounted
I want about 2000 CI volume to carry
- Down suit (black ovis)
-Swaro 20-60 x65
-Tripod
-Rain Gear
-MSR windburner
-Water bladder
-Lunch
-Extra hat & mittens
-Sharpener, Knife, kill kit, survival tube tent in an 8x5x2" zippered bag
-Survival Tarp 1x6x14"

Durability
Short enough to wear while riding

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I have a kuiu pro with 2 bags , dont know about the venture .. I use a alps pursuit when im on my horse . holds all my stuff and sits high enough on my back that getting on and off is not a problem .

ZuluBravo

WKR
I like mine. Had it for over a year, no issues. Relatively inexpensive, lightweight, and like you I wanted a removable waistbelt

I have two of the Venture series and in my opinion they're 10,000X the pack that they should be. I have hauled more meat in one trip that most would believe would even fit, had the main zipper opened up completely, straps maxed out and had to use P cord to secure the load completely. That's obviously not what they're designed for but it's what I had at the moment. Nothing on the pack failed and it wasn't completely miserable. Best pure day pack I've ever used.

Absolutely love mine,i have the 1800 and 2300.
Ive been thru a bunch of day packs over the years and like the options as well for day to day carry.

I am looking at a day pack and am looking at the KUIU Venture 2300. I am going to use it while hunting on horseback. Any reports of the zippers blowing out on the Venture series packs ?

I am very open to suggestions

My wants are:
I want a removable belt because my sidearm is belt mounted
I want about 2000 CI volume to carry
- Down suit (black ovis)
-Swaro 20-60 x65
-Tripod
-Rain Gear
-MSR windburner
-Water bladder
-Lunch
-Extra hat & mittens
-Sharpener, Knife, kill kit, survival tube tent in an 8x5x2" zippered bag
-Survival Tarp 1x6x14"

Durability
Short enough to wear while riding
I have the larger think 2300. it’s has a light frame sheet. It’s a good ….travel on plane pack, computer pack, gym pack, even a small light day pack… not an over night pack and any think over 15lbs is going to dig as the hip belt is only semi functional

It is comfortable, I’d bought mine first time the discounted them few years back. With that said I’ll grab EXO with 1800 bag every time over it.

Technically for what you are looking for it will work

LostArra

WKR
It is comfortable, I’d bought mine first time the discounted them few years back. With that said I’ll grab EXO with 1800 bag every time over it.
I like the Venture 1800 for what it is, a small daypack that rides nice.
That said I think my Exo 1800 would swallow the Venture 1800 but that's just the nature of Exo packs. They hold a lot more than their listed size. Sometimes I just want a minimalist fair-weather day pack and that's the Venture (or my Scout).

I like the Venture 1800 for what it is, a small daypack that rides nice.
That said I think my Exo 1800 would swallow the Venture 1800 but that's just the nature of Exo packs. They hold a lot more than their listed size. Sometimes I just want a minimalist fair-weather day pack and that's the Venture (or my Scout).
I will say that mine has held up exceptionally well for it being a lighter pack. I think the price point is a touch high but not far off due to its durability

Only complaint is the mid compression straps can get lost easy

I have a exo 3500 for packing out in a few areas i hunt but if hes not wanting a frame pack than the kuiu is hard to beat.I whitetail hunt mainly and carry the kuiu 90 percent of the time.The 10 percent were i need to pack out the exo is a no brainer.

Honyock

WKR
Glad to hear all the good remarks on this pack. I just ordered the 2300 that is currently on sale.
I went through three daypacks before I picked up the Venture 2300. I wish I would have got the Venture first, I would have saved some $$.