exo mountain pack

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
How much do they want for just the frame? Didn't know you could just buy the frame.

Hey Stephen I talked to Steve about ordering just the frame and he told me $299. It's not an option on the website but if you email him or call him he will set it up. I was just going to pay him through PayPal to [email protected] With that being said I ended up ordering the 3500 bag as well but the frame itself is an option. Contact Steve just to make sure nothing has changed though

daddie63

WKR
I'm interested in possibly just ordering the frame as well. Curious if there's a load sling with it or what exactly comes with the frame.

Steve has been great answering my questions and said my size (6'4 and a not so svelte 250) is pushing the max size wise for the pack. I'm more barreled shape than anything else. Anyone else roughly this build that has this pack by any chance? I really like this pack from what I've seen so far.

Hey Stephen I talked to Steve about ordering just the frame and he told me $299. It's not an option on the website but if you email him or call him he will set it up. I was just going to pay him through PayPal to [email protected] With that being said I ended up ordering the 3500 bag as well but the frame itself is an option. Contact Steve just to make sure nothing has changed though

$450 for the whole package is hard to pass on. Especially considering the positive reviews so far.

ssliger

WKR
I'm interested in possibly just ordering the frame as well. Curious if there's a load sling with it or what exactly comes with the frame.

Steve has been great answering my questions and said my size (6'4 and a not so svelte 250) is pushing the max size wise for the pack. I'm more barreled shape than anything else. Anyone else roughly this build that has this pack by any chance? I really like this pack from what I've seen so far.

I am also not svelte and have a foliage on order. I will let you know how it works. In the past I have fabricated waist belt extensions and it works great.

Archelk

Lil-Rokslider
$450 for the whole package is hard to pass on. Especially considering the positive reviews so far.

Definetly!!! That's why I pulled the trigger on the full set-up. Now the wait for the second roll out of the Coyote Brown

Has anybody seen one of these next to stone glacier's sky 5100? I'm just curious how big the main compartment of the 3500 is compared to sg's 5100 with the 3500 having closer to 5000+ actual ci's.

Well, I was going to start a thread asking about opinions on SG Solo, MR metcalf and the exo, I no longer need to do that, I'm ordering one. Thanks fellas!

For me I think Foliage blends very well. However I think color is more of an issue to each individual. Not animals or your surroundings. I will say I personally would not wear brown here in NY!! To many city slickers that migrate north and shoot at everything!! I carried a black Kifaru for years and never missed an animal because of it. Buy what you like or what you think may blend in better to your Hunting areas.

CC268

FNG
Yea it seems like a lot of people go with the Foliage. I live in Arizona by the way...I don't want to get shot at either!

Coyote brown is a sharp looking pack. Just not for me here. All my Kifaru packs have been Foliage lately. My Exo on order is also Foliage. I also do not care for camo either as I like to use them for recreational backpacking.

eltaco

WKR
Agreed with hammer, neither will hurt your chances of getting close to an animal. Color choices are simply available to appease us as customers. If you're stuck between the two solids I would personally go foliage just because I don't want to have anything Brown on me during elk season... but that's a personal preference. .. if you're not concerned with that the coyote looks awesome, IMO !

Sheesh I can't wait to get my pack. Soon enough!

Just received the big delay notice on the packs. Going to be an extra 4 weeks it looks. Guess they sold more packs in the past month than they estimated selling the whole year. Hopefully everything works out for all.

arthurvino

Lil-Rokslider
WHen did you order what is new eta?
I also ordered Fg this week and need it by mid july

Last edited:
I ordered my Foliage pack on 5/06. They are not making them by color now. They are going to make all packs, then all frames, then all belts, etc. I am going away second weeks in July and planned to have it by then. No clue now?

Last edited:
Well hell..... I was just getting ready to order one and thought a foliage would be ready in the next few weeks. Maybe Steve will let us know what's going on ??

Olydog09

Lil-Rokslider
This is from an email from Steve at Exo-Mountain in regards to current times for pack production. It was sent to customers with current orders.

First of all, Lenny and I want to sincerely thank each of you that has placed an order with us so far this year. The response has been overwhelming and we sold more packs in the first 6 weeks then we were planning on for the entire year. We have been extremely humbled by the response and are truly excited for the future of Exo Mountain Gear.

That said, with this excitement has also come a lot of new company growing pains, most notably with our production. The local sew shop we are using has been unable to handle the extra volume, which has affected our ability to get packs out to all those who have ordered them. We have been pushing them to make three-times as many packs in a two-week period than we originally agreed on and simply put, they haven't been able to keep up and missed several deadlines.

Just yesterday we sat down with them and made the decision to step back a little and re-organize in order to come up with a long-term solution. Our plan is to work with them to get a dedicated group of people who will be manufacturing our pack line full-time. This will provide greater efficiency, but it also means a change in how and when the packs will be produced. They are going to do runs with each pack piece in all colors at the same time, i.e. making bags, then frame panels, then hipbelts, etc., rather than making all the pieces for a single color of packs in the smaller runs.

In the long term, this will result in more consistent and better delivery times, but the immediate impact is that all orders that haven't shipped yet (ASAT, Foliage and the second run of Coyote Brown) will be delayed and will not ship for another four weeks. This was a tough decision to make because we know that many of you have been waiting patiently for quite some time and we had promised to have to packs to you in much better time frame. We certainly did not expect these delays and do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience it has caused. We are working hard to work through these initial production hiccups and believe we now have a good plan in place to ensure more timely delivery of packs, while continuing to meet our demand for quality.

We really appreciate everyone's patience and support so far and in an effort to show our gratitude for this we plan to give everyone who has an order in a free hipbelt pouch when your pack ships.

Also, if you have a hunt or trip you absolutely need a pack for in the next month, let us know and we'll do our best to send out a loaner prototype pack until your pack is ready to ship. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns at any time.

On a positive note the reviews that have been coming in from the first run of Coyote Brown packs have been overwhelmingly positive. This one from Nick Watson was just emailed to us this morning from a bear he shot last weekend.

"Steve,

I thought you would be interested in some of the pics I took. The pack was awesome and like you said ended up being way bigger than expected. I packed 5 days worth of gear and ended up packing out a bear hide in the load sling with all that gear in it. I was very surprised that all my gear fit. I packed out about 100 pounds 4 miles, the suspension worked very well. I was always able to get a nice comfortable fit every time and the power pull belt makes it quite easy. For me the stretchy outside pocket is the one of the nicest additions to the pack, its very easy and quick to access. It works awesome for clothing.

Thanks,
Nick"

Thanks,
Steve and Lenny

3 Attachments

IMG_3409.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG
IMG_3222.JPG

eltaco

WKR
As I read it, existing orders will ship in 4 weeks. That" First Run" is sold out and new orders will go into the 2nd run which will ship the end of July.