Exo K4 5000 Advertised Weight

First off, love my k4. I’ve used k2 and k3 in the past and k4 is an upgrade.

I just got back from a hunt and decided to weigh my pack empty with hip pouch and bottle holder attacked. Also had size small belt. I was shocked to see 8.3lbs on scale without lid. I figured my scale was off and weighed a dumbbell and it was dead on.

I should not be getting more than 6lbs-4oz with both accessories according to advertised weight of 5lbs-13oz for pack and 7oz for both accessories.

My question is are you guys getting your k4 weighing as advertised or coming in heavier?

Adam

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR
Assume you meant it should be 6lb 4oz right? That is quite a difference. Suspect something is awry. Sure all the pockets are empty? I can't remember the exacts but my 5000 with a large belt wasn't much above spec, and with 26.5" stays.

OP
F
Assume you meant it should be 6lb 4oz right? That is quite a difference. Suspect something is awry. Sure all the pockets are empty? I can't remember the exacts but my 5000 with a large belt wasn't much above spec, and with 26.5" stays.
Yeah I corrected the weight. Dude I agree something isn’t adding up. I checked all pockets. I’m gonna check again and double check my scale. No way it’s 2 pounds over spec weight.

Yeah I corrected the weight. Dude I agree something isn’t adding up. I checked all pockets. I’m gonna check again and double check my scale. No way it’s 2 pounds over spec weight.
What size frame stays do you have? I'll measure mine as well. Also, do you have locking buckles or anything or anything else aside from lid, pocket, and bottle holder?

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a water bladder left in the compartment?

How are you weighing the pack? Stepping onto a scale with the pack on? Using a hanging scale?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Mine were a touch under advertised weight, if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure your scale is off.

I got 6 lb 11oz for the following

K4 5000 25” stays
Lid
Small belt
Bottle holder
Side pocket
Stash pocket
4 locking buckles

OP
F
Thanks for the confirmation fellas. I started weighing other items and was getting crazy numbers. I am using a hanging scale which is new. Oddly I got correct weights on my dumbbells. It’s definitely a scale issue.