Euro Mount Hardware for Whale Tails

6.5x284

WKR
Looking for Euro Mount hardware that works well with whale tails. Do any come off the wall and tilt down forward at all? Have seen some tilt back a bit. The couple I've tried the antler tips rest on the wall so the skull doesn't fully seat on the mount. Came into the man cave to see her sideways on the wall yesterday.

Attachments

• Big Bull Side R.jpg
    Big Bull Side R.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Big Bull Side L.jpg
    Big Bull Side L.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Big Bull Truck.jpg
    Big Bull Truck.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

hobbes

WKR
Can't help you with the hanger, but Wow!!!...those are some back scratchers.

hobbes

WKR
I've not used one but it looks like this one holds it out from the wall but not sure if it'll work for yours.

The Skull Hooker puts it off the wall as far as anything I've seen, but you might still have trouble! You can get on Amazon, free returns.

Wonder what @NDGuy used for his?

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I shoulder-mounted with a severe turn to the left so the 6's did not hit the drywall. You walk in that home, that elk was staring you down.

OP
6.5x284

6.5x284

WKR
The Skull Hooker puts it off the wall as far as anything I've seen, but you might still have trouble! You can get on Amazon, free returns.

Wonder what @NDGuy used for his?
Thanks, I've seen that one in adds. I'll give it a try, good point about free returns. I suppose most would do a shoulder mount and that would keep it off the wall, but I prefer the clean white skull look! Plus, I'm cheap lol.

NDGuy

WKR
Thanks, I've seen that one in adds. I'll give it a try, good point about free returns. I suppose most would do a shoulder mount and that would keep it off the wall, but I prefer the clean white skull look! Plus, I'm cheap lol.
I would try to order something otherwise jerry rig something, could do a metal rod with a hook that comes off the wall enough. Just jb weld together or something

FLATHEAD

WKR
I order 8" double swivel brackets from Mckenzie Taxidermy.
I then use 1/2 flat stock attached to the bracket to set it out
farther from the wall.
This was for an Aoudad, may not work for Elk, but you can turn
the head with those swivel brackets.

I tried the skull hooker. Maybe for hanging a hat.

Last edited:

Also nice thing about the Skull Hooker is you can pivot the angle down to get those tips off the wall.

I too am cheap.

I made a hanger by welding a 3/4" pipe onto a plate.
It had to be way flatter and longer then I had thought.

I've seen on another there here where guys were using wire/braided cable thought the back of the skull some how then it hangs with the skull straight up and down on the wall.

Jimss

WKR
I've used skull hooker for a bunch of different species and they work very well. They are pretty nice because you can change the clearance angle and also turn the entire skull/antlers to get the desired look. Here's a few pics from their website.

1673185544887.png

1673185898631.png

1673185601264.png

Attachments

• 1673185658617.png
    1673185658617.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 18