Elk Unit

Lincolnt

FNG
Good Day All....I am new to this forum, but an avid life long hunter. I was excited that after a 9 year drought, I finally drew an elk tag in unit xx this year. It's an early hunt (October 7th) Never hunted that unit before and am hoping for some guidance/ advice from some of you with experience. I have a cabin just over the NM boarder in San Luis, it puts me about 40 min from the north edge of unit xx and was hoping to utilize it has home base. but, the landscape up there does not look promising for elk in early october. Any thoughts, or bits of wisdom is welcome. It is a rifle hunt for MB.
Life is short. Call in late and go hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean this respectfully and am genuinely trying to help you out. You should delete this post and do a ton of research before asking questions. If you do your homework and contribute to the forum before asking questions, people would be more inclined to help you.

Creating an account just to ask for people to help you with your hunt is seen as lazy and disrespectful on this (and any) forum.

wnelson14

WKR
I mean this respectfully and am genuinely trying to help you out. You should delete this post and do a ton of research before asking questions. If you do your homework and contribute to the forum before asking questions, people would be more inclined to help you.

Creating an account just to ask for people to help you with your hunt is seen as lazy and disrespectful on this (and any) forum.
This

OP
L

Lincolnt

FNG
Thought that was what I was doing....sure hope I don't run into you on the trail and you ask me for help...that would just be rude and disrespectful.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
OP-welcome aboard.

You have been given sound and reasonable advice. Being disrespectful won’t make you too many friends here, especially since you’re new and asking for help.
There is tons of great info here, along with great people. Starting a post with the unit number in it, so EVERY human alive can find it on google is not a smart thing for you, or the person who hunted that unit before you drew it, or the unsuspecting person who hunts it after you do. This is a simple, effective way to keep spots from being blown out by those who don’t want to put in any more work than typing a unit number into google. Surely you can understand that?

I’m sure there are folks happy to provide info, via private message, to those that are both friendly, and respectful of the above mentioned unwritten rule.

Maverick1

WKR
You live 40 minutes from the unit. Go spend your weekends looking.
This. Exactly. I live 20-30 hours from units I hunt, depending on where I get drawn. If I lived 40 minutes from the unit, I'd get off the computer and just go scouting. You have 5 months to figure it out.

Reactions: BLJ

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
We don’t need to beat the dead horse here.

87TT

WKR
R.07466cd2a4c00f420dd359c1a156622d