Elk torture

You folks have read a bunch of my posts and I should refain but I can't help myself. I hunted high and got iced out. We hunted creek bottoms to no avail. We tried the regen and blowdowns and found a cow but not enough to fill the two tags we had. I think we visited every hunt site I frequent 2-3 times. Enough to get bored looking at the same dirt. Pickens were slim.

I'm still healing from the broken ribs so sleep is intermittant. A normal night is 3-4 hours in bed, 1-2 hours in the lazy boy until the discomfort subsides , and then I finish the night off in the folding bed on the porch. It's getting better but slowly.

So after a little to no elk season I had almost forgot what they looked like. At 3:00 am in the transfer from the chair to the porch I happened to look outside under the full moon and to my shock was 25-30 head of elk were feeding along the yard fence and looking in the window. Where were they all season? I think they just showed up to torture me.

Marble

WKR
I feel for you. Broken ribs suck....

I feel like I could rewrite this story from the perspective of my dogs. Imagine two GSPs, crouched, shaking and on point, staring through the fence at the squirls on the golf course. Poor suckers. All year long those things sit just feet away terrorizing them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I feel for you. Broken ribs suck....

I feel like I could rewrite this story from the perspective of my dogs. Imagine two GSPs, crouched, shaking and on point, staring through the fence at the squirls on the golf course. Poor suckers. All year long those things sit just feet away terrorizing them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Haha, my GSP does the same thing and they terrorize her too.

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
sounds a lot like my Montana hunt in November. 4 days of finding nothing in multiple backcountry spots. I did see a few hundred in separate places out by the highway on private land though!! :)

I've had a couple broken ribs I ended up getting in a fight at the Montana State Men's Open boxing tournament a long time ago. They do hurt and there's not much you can do about it, and they are slow healing. Best of luck!!