Elk Game Bag Size for Front Quarters

Hey guys I've been focused on archery hunting mule deer the last few years and it's been a while since I've hunted elk. This year I decided to pick up a rifle and go after elk since I can't be away from work for too long during the one month archery hunt (works better if I spread my days out). Last time I hunted elk I used some alaska game bags and they worked fine. I've since upgraded to using some Jimmy Tarp game bags which have worked great for deer. The jimmy tarp bags measure 14x28. I'm guessing this is way too small to fit a bone in elk hind quarter so I'm looking at picking up two black ovis xl game bags for hind quarters.

My question is would 14x28 fit a bone in front quarter? I know the answer is it depends, but in general do you think they would work?

I know I could just bone the elk out and fit the meat in the 14x28 game bags but this will be a truck camp hunt so I would like to have the option of keeping the quarters bone in if I'm not packing out too far.

Thanks for the input!

Felix40

WKR
It’s very unlikely you will get a bone in front shoulder in those bags. My deboned game bags are 13” wide and I haven’t seen an elk yet that would fit a front shoulder in one.

OP
Bowhunter50
It’s very unlikely you will get a bone in front shoulder in those bags. My deboned game bags are 13” wide and I haven’t seen an elk yet that would fit a front shoulder in one.

thanks you've confirmed my suspicions. I'll go ahead and buy four of the xl black ovis bags