Elk down in UT

OP
Rheron

Rheron

FNG
You must have a helluva draw to be pulling 48# on those limbs on that riser. Most of theirs are rated on a 17in riser and you lose a pound per length of riser over that. With a 21" riser you must be looooong armedšŸ˜‚
Im 6ā€™4ā€ with a wingspan of a 747boeing!

OP
Rheron

Rheron

FNG
Nice job. I'm hunting elk with traditional gear in Utah as well. Going out for a 4 day stretch over Labor Day weekend. I thought there was only like 4 of us traditional archery guys in Utah, but there must be 5 lol

OP
Rheron

Rheron

FNG
Cck311- where about do you live in UT? I knew of one other trad guy out here. But itā€™s not a huge community by any means

sneaky

"DADDY"
Im 6ā€™4ā€ with a wingspan of a 747boeing!
I'm 6'3" with a 32" dl on compound side, little over 31" on trad and I don't draw anywhere near 48# on my 40# limbs on a 19" riser, you lose 2 more lbs being on a 21" riser, that's why I was wondering if you are guesstimating 48# or if you've actually measured it on your rig.

OP
Rheron

Rheron

FNG
I'm 6'3" with a 32" dl on compound side, little over 31" on trad and I don't draw anywhere near 48# on my 40# limbs on a 19" riser, you lose 2 more lbs being on a 21" riser, that's why I was wondering if you are guesstimating 48# or if you've actually measured it on your rig.
Iā€™m 32.5ā€ DL on the stick bow. Also have my limb bolts cranked down. I did get a measured weight- 47.6lb my last bow was a couple pounds lighter on the same limbs- my best guess for the additional couple pounds is limb pocket angle. Could also be that I used a luggage scale? Haha maybe not the most accurate?

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! Next year Iā€™m planning on switching it up to traditional gear, I appreciate the added challenge

sneaky

"DADDY"
Iā€™m 32.5ā€ DL on the stick bow. Also have my limb bolts cranked down. I did get a measured weight- 47.6lb my last bow was a couple pounds lighter on the same limbs- my best guess for the additional couple pounds is limb pocket angle. Could also be that I used a luggage scale? Haha maybe not the most accurate?
Yeah, limb pocket angle can definitely make a difference between bows, especially after you cranked the limb bolts down as well. I could add more weight to mine in the same manner, but once I found the tune, I left them alone. Enough rabbit holes can be gone down with ILF rigs already didn't need to add another lol.

bisblue

WKR
Nice, any elk is a trophy with a stick bow!
I had a raghorn at 40 yards, then 10, but bumped into them at last light, threw together a calling setup, but swirling winds made them too wary before shooting light was over.
Luckily I've got three weeks off in September.
20220902_121559.jpg
20220831_184126.jpg

Glad you tagged out. Good job on the trad set up.
Utah where I hunt has been so wet. Been on 2 spikes for a few days and can't close the deal. I'd go around bugling at night locating bulls and realized the rut has started.
My last morning the spikes were kicked out and bulls took over. I was surrounded with them all screaming, and climbing to my level. Winds ran out of consistency earlier than I expected and had to vacant the premises. My tag is spike or cow only with bow. But I have an emergency out of State so I have to leave. Hopefully when I return I can hunt the West side of the unit for any bull. I spent 4 days over there scouting and it's slim pickings for sure.

Attachments

• ue1.jpg
    ue1.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 10
  • ue2.jpg
    ue2.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 10