Elk and Deer or just one

Krcooke92

FNG
Do y’all like to concentrate on one species and state during a season or do y’all do multiple like deer and elk, me personally I like to hunt deer in colorado and then elk in NM

Mosby

WKR
I go where I get tags and normally it works out that I draw an elk tag one year and a deer tag another but seldom draw both in the same state or year. I don't apply for tags in many states anymore so there are years I don't draw either elk or deer tags.

I normally go out of state wherever I can draw a decent LE tag. In my household elk is king. I never have an elk and deer tag for the same season. Whenever I've had concurrent tags seems I get sidetracked and don't focus enough.

OP
Krcooke92

Krcooke92

FNG
Thanks for the responses in all reality I would love to have just one 340+ bull mounted in my life then be able to just concentrate on deer every year an fill my wall up with 180+ bucks

cnelk

WKR
2 deer tags and 2 elk tags usually gets me about 3 months of hunting each year

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt several different animals in Texas.. But I like starting my season out of state in September chasing Elk.. I could buy an Elk in Texas a lot cheaper, but the hunt is more important to me than the kill..

Scoot

WKR
Two years ago I didn't get a deer tag while elk hunting-- thought I'd save the money. Biggest muley I would have ever shot got up in front of me a 25 yards (broadside) and just stood there, begging me to shoot him. No tag, no shot. :cry::poop:

dtrkyman

WKR
Whatever tag I can get! Which hasn't been many! Was easy in Illinois getting two buck tags a year!

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Two years ago I didn't get a deer tag while elk hunting-- thought I'd save the money. Biggest muley I would have ever shot got up in front of me a 25 yards (broadside) and just stood there, begging me to shoot him. No tag, no shot. :cry::poop:

Its always how it goes haha. The amount of bucks and does I had walk by during elk archery last year was astronomical.

I saw more moose during 2nd Rifle than I did elk.