EL Swarovision issue

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a pair of 10x42 EL Swarovisions. Has anyone noticed that the objective lens covers do not fit on them all the way? Seems as though the housing is too short past the hinge. for those of you that noticed this, what have you done about it, or am I just too particular? Paying this much for binos and then having a detail like this overlooked by Swaro is pretty disappointing.

I'm not crazy about the objective covers on my Zeiss Victory HTs either.
Not familiar with objective covers for the Swarovski EL Swarovision; do you have a pic ?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
These objective covers haven't changed in 15 years. Yes they can fall off if not careful. I don't use the objective covers or eyepiece covers, so I never worried about their design much.

OP
C

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
Rosin,

What do you use in place of the standard covers? Not the falling off I am worried about, the housing is not long enough for the rubber keeper to go on all the way and the cap to fit flush. The keeper hits the hinge first.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's weird.... mine fit great

Who knows? Maybe a bad batch?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381201743589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381201743589.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 64

fatrascal

WKR
I'd say that the wrong covers came with the bino's. Call Swarovski and tell them your issue and I would wager that they would send you a new set for free. fatrooster.

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of EL Range 10x42s, and like the OP, I noticed that the covers don't seem to fit all the way on, and this was a concern to me as well. But after using them in the field, the caps seem to stay on very well. They fit much tighter and are a different style than on my SLC 10x50s and previous SLC 10x42s.

OP
C

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I will probably call Swaro, but for now, I just trimmed the rubber keeper around the hinge and they fit almost perfect. I am anxious to get them in the field after work today.